CABLE EDITOR

Author
galaxyguide
Supreme Being (31K reputation)Supreme Being (31K reputation)Supreme Being (31K reputation)Supreme Being (31K reputation)Supreme Being (31K reputation)Supreme Being (31K reputation)Supreme Being (31K reputation)Supreme Being (31K reputation)Supreme Being (31K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
What is up with the cable editor?

Is there a secret to getting the changes saved for global use in all my future drawings. Doesn't seem to happen consistently.

Thanks.

Linda
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (374K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Linda,

You need to be logged in to Stardraw Design 7 and have an internet connection for Cable Presets to be stored across sessions.

If there's a persistent problem, can you supply details?

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
Fellmeth
Fellmeth
Supreme Being (8.5K reputation)Supreme Being (8.5K reputation)Supreme Being (8.5K reputation)Supreme Being (8.5K reputation)Supreme Being (8.5K reputation)Supreme Being (8.5K reputation)Supreme Being (8.5K reputation)Supreme Being (8.5K reputation)Supreme Being (8.5K reputation)
Hi Guys,

I also find this to be an issue; I can't even save a cable preset within a project.
As soon as I exit out of the program, all cable presets become lost.

-Eris Fellmeth

Fellmeth@controLED.de
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Hi Eris,

We are unable to reproduce the effect that you describe, so cannot evaluate where and what the problem might be.

However, there is some information that might be pertinent:

1) You must be logged in (but we assume you are) and there may be some latency in logging in.

2) When you restart SD7 there will be some latency as the Presets stored on the Cloud are synched against those stored locally.

With this talk of latency, in simple terms we mean 'wait a bit, then look again'.

There is a subtle indicator that can be used to check whether Cable Preset synchronization has completed: if the Cable Preset Editor command (in the Drawing Menu under Cable, or in the Cable Preset dropdown in the toolbar) is greyed out, it means that synchronization is not yet complete. If it is available, it means that synchronization has completed.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
We have now managed to identify and fix this issue.

It was isolated to a very specific circumstance: if you started SD7 then selected Tools | Personalization before the synchronization of Cable Presets was complete, this could delete the Presets stored on the Cloud.

We have published an update that fixes this and you’ll find in Tools | Personalization | Cable Attributes & Presets that the Cable Presets area is greyed out if it’s opened before synchronization has completed.

Thanks go to the users that assisted in tracking down this elusive bug.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
Boti
Boti
Supreme Being (433 reputation)Supreme Being (433 reputation)Supreme Being (433 reputation)Supreme Being (433 reputation)Supreme Being (433 reputation)Supreme Being (433 reputation)Supreme Being (433 reputation)Supreme Being (433 reputation)Supreme Being (433 reputation)
Hi Rob

I still have same problem with saving cable presets. Can do this.
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Have you accepted updates?

In the Help menu choose Check for Updates and accept if updates are shown to be available.

What Build date is shown when you select Help | About Stardraw Design 7?

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
Genaudio
Genaudio
Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)
Seems like I am having the same problems with the Cable Preset function (which is now a very useful feature, thanks SD). I have spent sometime building a design and also created a set of presets to be used consistently throughout all my designs. I have restarted SD7 several times over a couple of days to finish this without any problems. I started a new project today and all the saved presets are gone. Restarted SD7 and even waited to synchronize as advised, nothing, only default. Restarted SD7 once again and opened the file with the saved presets done sometime ago. Nothing only default. Any help with this?
Tom_draws
Tom_draws
Supreme Being (1.1K reputation)Supreme Being (1.1K reputation)Supreme Being (1.1K reputation)Supreme Being (1.1K reputation)Supreme Being (1.1K reputation)Supreme Being (1.1K reputation)Supreme Being (1.1K reputation)Supreme Being (1.1K reputation)Supreme Being (1.1K reputation)
Same here - SD7 won't save any Cable Presets.

I am using latest update (Build 24.01.2014 14:31:52) and am logged in with

freshly renewed license. All cable presets are lost as soon as I exit Stardraw.

The 'Cabel Preset Editor' is not grayed out so as it seems the Synchronisation

is complete.

Yet... it doesn't seem to save my presets.

Any help is greatly apprechiated, many thanks in advance.
David Snipp
David Snipp
Architect (431K reputation)
Could you reply with the email address that you login with to Stardraw Design 7?

We can then peek into the cloud to see what your Cable Presets currently are.

Could you also confirm what you mean when you say the Presets are "lost"?

Do you mean that your Cable Preset list is now empty or that it is reverted back to the default list?

David Snipp
Stardraw.com Ltd
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...