Title block customization

Author
Howard Quinton
Supreme Being (5.7K reputation)Supreme Being (5.7K reputation)Supreme Being (5.7K reputation)Supreme Being (5.7K reputation)Supreme Being (5.7K reputation)Supreme Being (5.7K reputation)Supreme Being (5.7K reputation)Supreme Being (5.7K reputation)Supreme Being (5.7K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I do not see any method of locking the aspect ratio of custom logos when placing them into the title block and scaling them to fit. Need these for ours, architects, and consultants.

Need to be able to bring in CAD title blocks matching Original job project and capability to add Document Fields associated with text and attributes.

Need to be able to add more many more texts fields associated with attributes within the title block tool Document Field.

Howard Quinton CTS-D

WPCS International Incorporated

620 3rd St.

Lincoln, CA. 95648

howard.quinton@wpcs.com

916 253 5308 office
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (371K reputation)
Group: Administrators
I do not see any method of locking the aspect ratio of custom logos when placing them into the title block and scaling them to fit. Need these for ours, architects, and consultants.

Thanks for identifying this - we hope to add this shortly.

Need to be able to bring in CAD title blocks matching Original job project and capability to add Document Fields associated with text and attributes.

You can use anything you want as a custom title block, including DWG-derived objects. In your custom title block template file simply import the desired DWG and use it as the base for the page size/orientation you want - see the movie "Customizing your Title Blocks" at http://www.stardraw.com/products/stardrawdesign7/movies.asp.

As part of the customization you will probably paste the DWG into existing drawing tabs. Note that our default title block templates include a layer called "Title Block Drawing Area" which contains a single rectangle defining the usable area inside the title block into which the drawing to which you apply the title block will fit. You will probably need to show the layer and re-size the rectangle appropriately for the title block.

The simplest way to implement replacement of text fields would be to copy the text objects from our default title blocks. You'll spot these as they contain square brackets and are in the format [Provider/Property] so, for example, to replace with the project's client details use [Project/Client] and to replace with the document's 'Issued For' property use [Document/Issued For].

Need to be able to add more many more texts fields associated with attributes within the title block tool Document Field.

What fields specifically?

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
Howard Quinton
Howard Quinton
Supreme Being (5.7K reputation)Supreme Being (5.7K reputation)Supreme Being (5.7K reputation)Supreme Being (5.7K reputation)Supreme Being (5.7K reputation)Supreme Being (5.7K reputation)Supreme Being (5.7K reputation)Supreme Being (5.7K reputation)Supreme Being (5.7K reputation)
In all of our current title blocks in Stardraw 7 be they ours our the projects title block we have ten revision attributes 1-10 that are associated with text that is placed withing the titile bock revision section. We open up the titile block attributes add the revision notes, date, and initials and it is attached with the title block no matter how it is sized or moved. This also is associated with a revision report that allows us to print out and determain what was done from construction submittals to the Document of Record or any where in between. Another function that makes Design 7 unusable for or work model.

Howard Quinton CTS-D

620 3rd St.

Lincoln, CA. 95648

howard.quinton@wpcs.com

916 253 5308 office
Howard Quinton
Howard Quinton
What fields specifically?

This should not even be a question.

We should be able to add infinate fields to the title block as in Stardraw 7.

Howard Quinton CTS-D

620 3rd St.

Lincoln, CA. 95648

howard.quinton@wpcs.com

916 253 5308 office
Markus
Markus
Supreme Being (878 reputation)Supreme Being (878 reputation)Supreme Being (878 reputation)Supreme Being (878 reputation)Supreme Being (878 reputation)Supreme Being (878 reputation)Supreme Being (878 reputation)Supreme Being (878 reputation)Supreme Being (878 reputation)
I´m a bit confused. When typing in [Project/Address] I get Author details Address. Can you please give me the right path for following field information or tell me where to find.

Would need.

Client information - Address

Project information - Address

Author details - Phone

Author details Website

Thanks for your help
zuk123
zuk123
Supreme Being (9.9K reputation)Supreme Being (9.9K reputation)Supreme Being (9.9K reputation)Supreme Being (9.9K reputation)Supreme Being (9.9K reputation)Supreme Being (9.9K reputation)Supreme Being (9.9K reputation)Supreme Being (9.9K reputation)Supreme Being (9.9K reputation)
I'm looking for this info too. Where are those autofilling fields stored? Where are they coming from?

I have modified the stock title block, and the autofilled text is not lining up the way I would like. How is this text justified, sized, positioned, etc? (I see the horizontal alignment attribute in the attribute box. Where does it start from on the page when it is "center" "near" or "far"?

I don't see a way to have the text fill a specific area.

Is there a place to set the vertical alignment?

zuk
epaul
epaul
Supreme Being (3.8K reputation)Supreme Being (3.8K reputation)Supreme Being (3.8K reputation)Supreme Being (3.8K reputation)Supreme Being (3.8K reputation)Supreme Being (3.8K reputation)Supreme Being (3.8K reputation)Supreme Being (3.8K reputation)Supreme Being (3.8K reputation)
I'm also looking for this information.

What are the autofill text available for the title blocks and what are the directories we must enter into the square brackets to have them displayed?

Thanks.
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (371K reputation)
Group: Administrators
The following fields are available

[Project\Client] = in Project Details page, Client Information, Name
[Project\Title] = in Project Details page, Project information, Project Title
[Project\Company] = in Project Details page, Author Details, Company
[Project\Address] = in Project Details page, Autor Details, Address
[Document\Title] = in Title Block dialog, Title
[Document\Drawn By] = in Title Block dialog, Drawn By
[Document\Date] = in Title Block dialog, Date
[Document\Issued For] = in Title Block dialog, Issued For
[Document\Drawing Number] = in Title Block dialog, Drawing Number
[Document\Revision] = in Title Block dialog, Revision

Requests for additional substitution fields have been noted and these will be added in due course.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
epaul
epaul
Supreme Being (3.8K reputation)Supreme Being (3.8K reputation)Supreme Being (3.8K reputation)Supreme Being (3.8K reputation)Supreme Being (3.8K reputation)Supreme Being (3.8K reputation)Supreme Being (3.8K reputation)Supreme Being (3.8K reputation)Supreme Being (3.8K reputation)
This was exactly what I was looking for, thank you very much Rob.

In particular, I was hoping the following fields would also be able to have to auto fill capabilities in the future:

[Project\Client Address]

[Project\Reference]

[Project\Notes]

[Project\Author]

Thanks again Rob
epaul
epaul
This was exactly what I was looking for, thank you very much Rob.

In particular, I was hoping the following fields would also be able to have to auto fill capabilities in the future:

[Project\Client Address]

[Project\Reference]

[Project\Notes]

[Project\Author]

Thanks again Rob
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...