Title block customization

Author
epaul
Supreme Being (3.9K reputation)Supreme Being (3.9K reputation)Supreme Being (3.9K reputation)Supreme Being (3.9K reputation)Supreme Being (3.9K reputation)Supreme Being (3.9K reputation)Supreme Being (3.9K reputation)Supreme Being (3.9K reputation)Supreme Being (3.9K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
This was exactly what I was looking for, thank you very much Rob.

In particular, I was hoping the following fields would also be able to have to auto fill capabilities in the future:

[Project\Client Address]

[Project\Reference]

[Project\Notes]

[Project\Author]

Thanks again Rob
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (374K reputation)
Group: Administrators
We have published an update that exposes al project values for use in title blocks. You can install the update by choosing Help | Check for Updates, or just accept updates next time you run Stardraw Design 7.

Full details for this update can be seen at http://forums.stardraw.com/Topic9298.aspx

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
galaxyguide
galaxyguide
Supreme Being (31K reputation)Supreme Being (31K reputation)Supreme Being (31K reputation)Supreme Being (31K reputation)Supreme Being (31K reputation)Supreme Being (31K reputation)Supreme Being (31K reputation)Supreme Being (31K reputation)Supreme Being (31K reputation)
Hi Rob,

I do not understand how the program refrences these fields.

I am customizing our titleblock, including moving fields around. Some of these fields are filled in from what I have filled in under Project details on the dashboard. Some do not seem accessible to me after I insert the customized title block.

If you please I would appreciate you having a look. Sample drawing with inserted the titleblock, and the template file attached. Just look at Landscape B..... oh, I can't upload an .s07 file. I'll send it to your email.

Thank you very much,

Linda
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Hi Linda,

I have received your files - thank you - and they seem to work fine.

The fields for Drawing Number, Drawn By, Title etc are all set in the Title Block dialog. You have not set any values in this dialog which is why the fields appear blank upon insertion.

All fields prefixed "Document" take their values from the Title Block Dialog and these values are stored in the document in case you wish to substitute a new title block later.

I hope this is helpful.

Please also refer to Help - search for "Substitution Fields"

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
Edited 12 Years Ago by Rob Robinson
galaxyguide
galaxyguide
Supreme Being (31K reputation)Supreme Being (31K reputation)Supreme Being (31K reputation)Supreme Being (31K reputation)Supreme Being (31K reputation)Supreme Being (31K reputation)Supreme Being (31K reputation)Supreme Being (31K reputation)Supreme Being (31K reputation)
Perfect. Thank you.
chrisccs
chrisccs
Supreme Being (10K reputation)Supreme Being (10K reputation)Supreme Being (10K reputation)Supreme Being (10K reputation)Supreme Being (10K reputation)Supreme Being (10K reputation)Supreme Being (10K reputation)Supreme Being (10K reputation)Supreme Being (10K reputation)
Hi Rob,It surely isn't a big deal, but after looking 5 times at your video, I still can't figure out how you change all the corners from round to right angle in one go.
As soon as I select (using shift) a second rectangle, the geometry tab disappears from the property frame.

Am I doing anything wrong?

Oh and by the way, is the request for a method to maintain the aspect ratio of a logo made 8 months ago fullfilled? I couldn't find the tool and the alternative way to introduice a logo directly withing tools / personification does also spoil my logo.

Thanks

Christian Delvaux

Back in Belgium !
Edited 12 Years Ago by chrisccs
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Hi Christian,

Since recording that video we have changed the way multiple selections are handled by the Properties Grid. The goal was to make it easier to change the styling of different types of object at the same time, but it looks like a small bug has crept in so that the specific geometry of objects is not being shown when you have selected more than one object, even if they're of the same type; in this case the Corner Radius of Rectangles.

Thanks for alerting us to this - we'll get on it.

Proportional resizing is still in the works (you can use the shift key while resizing, but it is not 100% robust yet), but with regard to inserting an image from Peronalization | Personal Details, start with a square image and all should be well, e.g. add white borders top and bottom, or left and right, to the existing image to make it square.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
Andrew Wallace
Andrew Wallace
Supreme Being (4.1K reputation)Supreme Being (4.1K reputation)Supreme Being (4.1K reputation)Supreme Being (4.1K reputation)Supreme Being (4.1K reputation)Supreme Being (4.1K reputation)Supreme Being (4.1K reputation)Supreme Being (4.1K reputation)Supreme Being (4.1K reputation)
I too would love additional fields. A couple others would be, all in the project details page
Project info / Address
Client info / Address
Client info / Main contact / Name
Client info / Main contact / Phone
Client info / Main Contact / Email
Notes
Basically all the fields on the project details page would be helpful; as well as some User Defined fields either in the porject or the document. After watching the two video's I found online I did play around with different combinations and was able to make a couple more of these fields show up. But not all.

Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Hi Wolf,

All existing fields can be used as substitution fields in the Title Block.  Check the Help file (http://blob.stardraw.com/www/products/stardrawdesign7/help/Intro.htm) and look in the Index under Substitution Fields.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
Andrew Wallace
Andrew Wallace
Supreme Being (4.1K reputation)Supreme Being (4.1K reputation)Supreme Being (4.1K reputation)Supreme Being (4.1K reputation)Supreme Being (4.1K reputation)Supreme Being (4.1K reputation)Supreme Being (4.1K reputation)Supreme Being (4.1K reputation)Supreme Being (4.1K reputation)
That's perfect! I wasn't sure of how to phrase what I was looking for in the help. Thanks so much for responding back so quickly.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...