Files losing drawings in 7.1

Author
Karl Maciag
Supreme Being (914 reputation)Supreme Being (914 reputation)Supreme Being (914 reputation)Supreme Being (914 reputation)Supreme Being (914 reputation)Supreme Being (914 reputation)Supreme Being (914 reputation)Supreme Being (914 reputation)Supreme Being (914 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Today Design 7.1 prompted me to install a new update. I did, and now none of my project files have any of the drawings that they should, there are no drawings in the drawing tabs. How can I restore my files to the way they were before this update?
Karl Maciag
Karl Maciag
Supreme Being (914 reputation)Supreme Being (914 reputation)Supreme Being (914 reputation)Supreme Being (914 reputation)Supreme Being (914 reputation)Supreme Being (914 reputation)Supreme Being (914 reputation)Supreme Being (914 reputation)Supreme Being (914 reputation)
I'm trying to investigate on my own, and it seems that all of my modules that I'm subscribed to are gone. My USB dongle is plugged in, and my PC recognizes it. I am signed in with the correct email address. When I create a new drawing, the only template I have available to me is "Plan View". 
w8p
w8p
Supreme Being (5.8K reputation)Supreme Being (5.8K reputation)Supreme Being (5.8K reputation)Supreme Being (5.8K reputation)Supreme Being (5.8K reputation)Supreme Being (5.8K reputation)Supreme Being (5.8K reputation)Supreme Being (5.8K reputation)Supreme Being (5.8K reputation)
Same here but with only one of eigth machines: open SD 7.1 after latest update, create new project, go to "Drawings" tab: nothing there but the two titles "Available templates" and "Current drawings"...

-------------------------------
auviso - audio visual solutions ag

ch-6010 kriens
switzerland
gazfitz
gazfitz
Supreme Being (478 reputation)Supreme Being (478 reputation)Supreme Being (478 reputation)Supreme Being (478 reputation)Supreme Being (478 reputation)Supreme Being (478 reputation)Supreme Being (478 reputation)Supreme Being (478 reputation)Supreme Being (478 reputation)
I am having the same issue here, installed update and now nothing appears when the drawings tab is selected in a project.
Has anyone had any luck resolving this issue?
David Snipp
David Snipp
Architect (431K reputation)
Group: Administrators
We have now been able to reproduce the problem and we hope to publish a solution very soon.

David Snipp
Stardraw.com Ltd
gazfitz
gazfitz
Supreme Being (478 reputation)Supreme Being (478 reputation)Supreme Being (478 reputation)Supreme Being (478 reputation)Supreme Being (478 reputation)Supreme Being (478 reputation)Supreme Being (478 reputation)Supreme Being (478 reputation)Supreme Being (478 reputation)
thanks for the update
David Snipp
David Snipp
I can confirm that we have now published an update to Stardraw Design 7.1 that fixes this problem.
You should be able to open all your existing projects successfully and see all your drawings.
FYI, the problem was with a security call when accessing the dongle, which contains which modules you have purchased and it was returning zero.
No projects or drawings were lost in the making of this bug.
Apologies for the inconvenience and thanks for reporting the problem quickly.

David Snipp
Stardraw.com Ltd
w8p
w8p
Supreme Being (5.8K reputation)Supreme Being (5.8K reputation)Supreme Being (5.8K reputation)Supreme Being (5.8K reputation)Supreme Being (5.8K reputation)Supreme Being (5.8K reputation)Supreme Being (5.8K reputation)Supreme Being (5.8K reputation)Supreme Being (5.8K reputation)
Fast as always - great, thank you!

-------------------------------
auviso - audio visual solutions ag

ch-6010 kriens
switzerland
Andrew Wallace
Andrew Wallace
Supreme Being (4.1K reputation)Supreme Being (4.1K reputation)Supreme Being (4.1K reputation)Supreme Being (4.1K reputation)Supreme Being (4.1K reputation)Supreme Being (4.1K reputation)Supreme Being (4.1K reputation)Supreme Being (4.1K reputation)Supreme Being (4.1K reputation)
I am having the same problem as the others. I saved my file with drawings on 2/21/15. On 2/28/15 I opened the file when Stardraw said it had an update. I ran the update then and when I reopened the file the drawings are missing. All my other files have their drawings, only the file that was open when the update ran is missing its drawings. Help please!

-Wolf
David Snipp
David Snipp
Wolf,

Firstly, can you try re-starting Stardraw Design 7.1 and try reloading the file.

If you still can't see the drawings, can you email the file to techsupport at stardraw dot com and we'd gladly have a look at it.

David Snipp
Stardraw.com Ltd
Edited 9 Years Ago by David Snipp
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...