Cable Feathers

Author
sound_man
Supreme Being (1.7K reputation)Supreme Being (1.7K reputation)Supreme Being (1.7K reputation)Supreme Being (1.7K reputation)Supreme Being (1.7K reputation)Supreme Being (1.7K reputation)Supreme Being (1.7K reputation)Supreme Being (1.7K reputation)Supreme Being (1.7K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
How do I notate a cable going to another page? and then notate it coming in on the secondary page?
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (370K reputation)
Group: Administrators
There is no set procedure or special method for this - you can use any form of annotation that suits your purpose.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
bpstim
bpstim
Supreme Being (801 reputation)Supreme Being (801 reputation)Supreme Being (801 reputation)Supreme Being (801 reputation)Supreme Being (801 reputation)Supreme Being (801 reputation)Supreme Being (801 reputation)Supreme Being (801 reputation)Supreme Being (801 reputation)
How do we keep the one cable that bridges the two drawings from showing up as two cables in the reports?
David Snipp
David Snipp
Architect (430K reputation)
As Rob stated, "There is no set procedure or special method for this - you can use any form of annotation that suits your purpose."

One way would be to annotate your cables with attributes or Labels and then use the power of Excel to filter out duplicate data.

David Snipp
Stardraw.com Ltd
bpstim
bpstim
Supreme Being (801 reputation)Supreme Being (801 reputation)Supreme Being (801 reputation)Supreme Being (801 reputation)Supreme Being (801 reputation)Supreme Being (801 reputation)Supreme Being (801 reputation)Supreme Being (801 reputation)Supreme Being (801 reputation)
One way that would suit my purposes is to use the expensive "industry specific software" for "AV professionals" that I just purchased.  I don't think that multi-page drawings and multi-conductor cables (http://forums.stardraw.com/Topic16961.aspx) are anything new to the AV industry.  This is the kind of industry-specific functionality that I would expect Stardraw to have to differentiate it from something more general purpose, like Visio.  Even Visio could be programmed, via the API, to provide specific functionality like this. 
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Hi Tim,

Thanks for your feedback - we do take on board all such comments and they form the basis for the ongoing evolution of our development wishlist and the addition of new features into Stardraw Design 7.

Although we cannot comment on release dates of new features in advance, all suggestions, observations and requests made by users in the field are assessed for development, bearing in mind, of course, technical, commercial and usability considerations; we cannot add everything, requested by everybody, immediately, and even though some might think a feature is easy or obvious, often it is not and it may have much wider implications than are immediately apparent to the outside observer.

Rest assured, though, that your comments are noted and we appreciate constructive criticism at all times.  

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
Edited 8 Years Ago by Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Hi BB,

Y‌ou'll find a Feathers folder in the Symbol Browser‌ under Stardraw Online Symbols, and basic instructions at https://www1.stardraw.com/stardraw/sd7/features/whatsnew

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
Ray
Ray
Supreme Being (7K reputation)Supreme Being (7K reputation)Supreme Being (7K reputation)Supreme Being (7K reputation)Supreme Being (7K reputation)Supreme Being (7K reputation)Supreme Being (7K reputation)Supreme Being (7K reputation)Supreme Being (7K reputation)
Rob/David,
W‌ould it be possible to add a feature where we could click on a given feather and have Stardraw highlight every feather with the matching FeatherID on any drawing/tab in the project?

Sure would help me.  If you can do that, I'll ask for "Feather count" later...  w00t
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Hi Ray,

T‌hanks for your request.  There may be some challenges with this because highlighting other objects would only be effective if those objects were currently visible which may not be the case if you're zoomed in on part of a drawing or if the paired feather is in a different drawing tab.

P‌erhaps if you can describe the problem you need to solve or your final objective we could figure out the best way to achieve what you need.  Also it's important to note that any feather should only have one paired ID - a single 'twin' - so is the functionality designed to find the twin, or is part of the issue to find invalid twins, i.e. third, fourth, fifth etc feathers that all have the same ID, which shouldn't really happen?

S‌o, if you can furnish some background on the problem/objective we could look into this further.‌‌ ‌

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
Ray
Ray
Supreme Being (7K reputation)Supreme Being (7K reputation)Supreme Being (7K reputation)Supreme Being (7K reputation)Supreme Being (7K reputation)Supreme Being (7K reputation)Supreme Being (7K reputation)Supreme Being (7K reputation)Supreme Being (7K reputation)
Rob Robinson - 9/10/2018 6:49:22 AM
Hi Ray,

T‌hanks for your request.  There may be some challenges with this because highlighting other objects would only be effective if those objects were currently visible which may not be the case if you're zoomed in on part of a drawing or if the paired feather is in a different drawing tab.

P‌erhaps if you can describe the problem you need to solve or your final objective we could figure out the best way to achieve what you need.  Also it's important to note that any feather should only have one paired ID - a single 'twin' - so is the functionality designed to find the twin, or is part of the issue to find invalid twins, i.e. third, fourth, fifth etc feathers that all have the same ID, which shouldn't really happen?

S‌o, if you can furnish some background on the problem/objective we could look into this further.‌‌ ‌

"Single twin" huh?  Ermm  Well....  That narrows things down a bit.  Smile

E‌ven so, it would still be helpful if some "click combination" would take me from viewing a current feather to viewing its twin, regardless of tab location.  (Similar method to that used on the Products view where clicking on a green check mark in the right hand columns takes you to the product.)

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...