new install

Author
galaxyguide
Supreme Being (31K reputation)Supreme Being (31K reputation)Supreme Being (31K reputation)Supreme Being (31K reputation)Supreme Being (31K reputation)Supreme Being (31K reputation)Supreme Being (31K reputation)Supreme Being (31K reputation)Supreme Being (31K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have a new computer, downloaded stardraw off the website, dongle securely in place, my personal libraries not showing up, oh and program didn't save two hours of my work. Two hours. No warning, no highlight to warn me that I am wasting my time, just a prim little fu, the save button doesn't work. This is what makes me go mad and feel like hunting an Englishman down to get two hours of my life back. What secret little step do I now need to perform to actually get the program to recognize me and save my work.

Sincerely,

Linda
galaxyguide
galaxyguide
Supreme Being (31K reputation)Supreme Being (31K reputation)Supreme Being (31K reputation)Supreme Being (31K reputation)Supreme Being (31K reputation)Supreme Being (31K reputation)Supreme Being (31K reputation)Supreme Being (31K reputation)Supreme Being (31K reputation)
says "dongle not present". tried various usb ports.
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (374K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Linda,

Sorry to hear of your trouble - it is a result of your machine not recognizing the dongle.

If the dongle is not recognized, SD7 operates in Demo Mode and if it has been installed on that machine more than 30 days previously, saving and printing are disabled, as are other features like UDP Synchronization. If the application is running as an expired demo it will show a dialog at startup.

So, we need to establish why the dongle is not recognized.

Is the light in the dongle on?

Using Windows Device Manager, what is shown under Universal Serial Bus controllers? You should see 3 entries for SafeNet Inc.: HASP Key, Sentinel HL Key and USB Key.

Can I assume that the dongle is known to work i.e. on another machine, and has not been damaged?

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
galaxyguide
galaxyguide
dongle driver not loaded?
galaxyguide
galaxyguide
dongle works on old machine

dongle not lit

device manager just lists it as "unspecified"
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (374K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Linda,

To reinstall/force driver installation please follow this procedure:

1) In Device Manager delete the bad entry (or entries) - rightclick and choose Uninstall

2) Unplug the dongle

3) Reboot your computer

4) Plug in the dongle and allow driver installation to complete (if it does not complete properly or displays any errors, repeat 1, 2 & 3 and use the SentinelHASP/LDK Windows GUI Run-Time Installer at http://sentinelcustomer.safenet-inc.com/sentineldownloads/)

5) Run Stardraw Design7

Does this resolve the problem?

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
Edited 11 Years Ago by Rob Robinson
galaxyguide
galaxyguide
can you just send me a driver, or direct me to a valid driver so that I can get on with work.

Thanks
galaxyguide
galaxyguide
problem resolved.

Thank you.
markspend1
markspend1
Supreme Being (1K reputation)Supreme Being (1K reputation)Supreme Being (1K reputation)Supreme Being (1K reputation)Supreme Being (1K reputation)Supreme Being (1K reputation)Supreme Being (1K reputation)Supreme Being (1K reputation)Supreme Being (1K reputation)
Hey Guys well i also think that there may be problem on dongle drive are you know that the dongle is a small system that generally fits in a pc's hardware slot to make sure that only the lawful owner of a software is using the system. Dongle drivers allow the computer to identify the dongle.Thanks!!

online marketing new york
galaxyguide
galaxyguide
Last update only further tangled up the unlock feature. I routinely use unlock to change text on a symbol, and sometimes move some things around that are grouped (think Shure microphone system). Moving an element in Unlock is disastrous, try it for yourself. Items move in exaggerated and sometimes opposite directions.

Perhaps the update is now causing something else to work smoother and faster, so sorry to pick on you for the stuff that is out of whack, human nature I suppose.
Tags
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...