Regenerating Product attributes - challenge

Author
JohnParker,CTS,CSP
Supreme Being (8K reputation)Supreme Being (8K reputation)Supreme Being (8K reputation)Supreme Being (8K reputation)Supreme Being (8K reputation)Supreme Being (8K reputation)Supreme Being (8K reputation)Supreme Being (8K reputation)Supreme Being (8K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have added attributes for products and am getting this message. My challenges are that the attributes are not being added and it will not go beyond this SD7 entered product. I had a variation in my UDP but deleted it in effort to fix this to no avail.

Please advise, thanks.

http://forums.stardraw.com/Uploads/Images/96f0b36c-2b27-4c74-84f9-6465.png

Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (371K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi John,

It looks like this message is being shown by Excel as it tries to create the Product Attributes spreadsheet.

This spreadsheet has a tab (sheet) for each manufacturer in your library, for both the manufacturer libraries that we provide and the manufacturers that you create for UDPs.

I suspect one or more of your UDPs has a manufacturer name that contains an illegal character; you can't use any of the following : * [ ] \ / ?

The manufacturer name probably begins between BOS and BRI.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
JohnParker,CTS,CSP
JohnParker,CTS,CSP
Supreme Being (8K reputation)Supreme Being (8K reputation)Supreme Being (8K reputation)Supreme Being (8K reputation)Supreme Being (8K reputation)Supreme Being (8K reputation)Supreme Being (8K reputation)Supreme Being (8K reputation)Supreme Being (8K reputation)
Hi Rob,

I deleted the UDP that I thought was responsible; after changing all the descriptions, and block/schematic drawings, but as the pic shows it is the file from Stardraw that hangs it up. I have no UDP's with this. Please advise, and thanks
John
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Hi John,

OK, we have been able to reproduce this effect - we will investigate further and post back to this thread as soon as possible.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Hi John,

We have published an update that allows use of Manufacturer names that include the characters : * [ ] \ / ? and generates the Product Attributes spreadsheet even when these characters are present.

You can install the update by choosing Help | Check for Updates, or just accept updates next time you run Stardraw Design 7.

Thanks for alerting us to this.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
JohnParker,CTS,CSP
JohnParker,CTS,CSP
Thank you, but just ran the update update and I am having the same result....
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Hi John,

Can you confirm the build date/time? Select Help | About Stardraw Design 7. It should be 05/04/2012 14:32:05

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
JohnParker,CTS,CSP
JohnParker,CTS,CSP
Confirmedhttp://forums.stardraw.com/Uploads/Images/3e06494a-4f94-48bb-9afb-01e4.png
David Snipp
David Snipp
Architect (431K reputation)
John,

We've now published another update to Stardraw Design 7 that should finally resolve this problem.

The issue this time was the length of the Manufacturer Name.

Do please let us know if you continue to have any problems.

David Snipp
Stardraw.com Ltd
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...