I need help importing DXF/DWG files so I may use them regularly from my own symbols stash - please

I need help importing DXF/DWG files so I may use them regularly from...
Author
JohnParker,CTS,CSP
Supreme Being (8K reputation)Supreme Being (8K reputation)Supreme Being (8K reputation)Supreme Being (8K reputation)Supreme Being (8K reputation)Supreme Being (8K reputation)Supreme Being (8K reputation)Supreme Being (8K reputation)Supreme Being (8K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
As a user of Stardraw A/V since pre-version 1; I was quite used to be able to save a solution and use it as a template. Redrawing integration to a fire alarm system does not need to be redrawn every time. I have been working on a schematic that utilizes/requires symbols not currently present on Stardraw. I'll request, but the presentation is in 7 hours! I went to the manufacturers website and downloaded a dxf/dwg drawing, and I've tried unsuccesfully to add to my user defined products but.... I am only given a rather limited list if I want to 'add' a pictorial, block, panel or rack image.

I would greatly appreciate direction in point form from start to finish of how do I get a dwg/dxf of a product into my user defined section? I'd be happy with another Youtube link as a response.

Thanks
John
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...