opening DWG

Author
galaxyguide
Supreme Being (31K reputation)Supreme Being (31K reputation)Supreme Being (31K reputation)Supreme Being (31K reputation)Supreme Being (31K reputation)Supreme Being (31K reputation)Supreme Being (31K reputation)Supreme Being (31K reputation)Supreme Being (31K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
When opening a file I can choose from all files, .s07 and .s01. "All files", doesn't show me mmy dwg files.

When "saving as", I only have a choice of .s07 and "all files", (not sure how that would work), not .s01 or .dwg.

How does this work?

Thanks,

Linda
Tim Van Grove
Tim Van Grove
Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)
Since a Stardraw Design 7 file can contain many drawings, you'll should go to: File, import, and you'll be able to bring in a DWG file to SD7.

To save a Stardraw Design 7 drawing as a DWG file, you should go to File, export.

Tim Van Grove
w‌ww.stardraw.com
galaxyguide
galaxyguide
Supreme Being (31K reputation)Supreme Being (31K reputation)Supreme Being (31K reputation)Supreme Being (31K reputation)Supreme Being (31K reputation)Supreme Being (31K reputation)Supreme Being (31K reputation)Supreme Being (31K reputation)Supreme Being (31K reputation)
that sort of worked.

Pulling the dwg into s07, missing: pline, revision cloud, pdf underlay, parts to a block. Apparently anything it doesn't understand, it omits, I guess better than corrupting the drawing. Good things: Can unlock and move text, did insert non standard text, does have layers list retained.

Pulling .s07 into Autocad: It lost all the text and layers, but otherwise looks ok.
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (374K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Linda,

Can you attach the files you import/export to a reply (as a zip file)? We can take a look at both the DWG and S07 to see what can be done about the missing entities. Thanks.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...