External data source

Author
Jtl1100
Supreme Being (313 reputation)Supreme Being (313 reputation)Supreme Being (313 reputation)Supreme Being (313 reputation)Supreme Being (313 reputation)Supreme Being (313 reputation)Supreme Being (313 reputation)Supreme Being (313 reputation)Supreme Being (313 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I am running stardraw Av on windows seven. My external data source which saves properly Stardraw av 2007 attributes and as an xls (saves as 97-2003)still does not populate the cost data in the symbol data. I have gone through the set up for external data source. It was being created in my document but I moved it to the Stardraw program folder. I even dragged it from there to the desk top copied and pasted and put it back in the right folder. If I try to use the creat external data source it put it in an excel file names book1 in the my doc folder.

Thanks for any help. I really could benefit the cost and weight attributes being usable.

Jtl1100
David Snipp
David Snipp
Architect (431K reputation)
Group: Administrators
How did you install Stardraw AV 2007 on your Windows 7 Machine? Did you upgrade to Windows 7 from Windows XP ? Or is this a new machine?

By default, Stardraw AV 2007 will place your System Attributes Excel Spreadsheet in your templates folder, which you can configure in your Library Paths.

Windows 7 is stricter on who can write to files in your Program Files directory - you need to have administrator privilege to do so. As a quick workaround, you could run Stardraw AV 2007 with Administrator privilege by right clicking on the shortcut and choosing "Run as Administrator".

David Snipp
Stardraw.com Ltd

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...