Stardraw Forums

External data source

http://forums.stardraw.com/Topic6764.aspx

By Jtl1100 - 5/4/2011 12:14:24 AM

I am running stardraw Av on windows seven. My external data source which saves properly Stardraw av 2007 attributes and as an xls (saves as 97-2003)still does not populate the cost data in the symbol data. I have gone through the set up for external data source. It was being created in my document but I moved it to the Stardraw program folder. I even dragged it from there to the desk top copied and pasted and put it back in the right folder. If I try to use the creat external data source it put it in an excel file names book1 in the my doc folder.

Thanks for any help. I really could benefit the cost and weight attributes being usable.
By David Snipp - 5/4/2011 4:35:09 AM

How did you install Stardraw AV 2007 on your Windows 7 Machine? Did you upgrade to Windows 7 from Windows XP ? Or is this a new machine?

By default, Stardraw AV 2007 will place your System Attributes Excel Spreadsheet in your templates folder, which you can configure in your Library Paths.

Windows 7 is stricter on who can write to files in your Program Files directory - you need to have administrator privilege to do so. As a quick workaround, you could run Stardraw AV 2007 with Administrator privilege by right clicking on the shortcut and choosing "Run as Administrator".