Software does not recognize the dongle

Author
john kissel
Supreme Being (829 reputation)Supreme Being (829 reputation)Supreme Being (829 reputation)Supreme Being (829 reputation)Supreme Being (829 reputation)Supreme Being (829 reputation)Supreme Being (829 reputation)Supreme Being (829 reputation)Supreme Being (829 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
My original computer crashed.

Per our original email, I have down loaded the Stardraw demo.

the demo 29 day message appears.

FYI- I have an older parallel 25 pin dongle. HASP4-M1 / 1.1 / YDXZI / KP / 17377

this is connected via a usb to parallel cable.

Is their usb drivers that I need so that the dongle is recognized.

Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (372K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi John,

We are unable to locate a sales record based on the information you've supplied.  Can you supply any further information, e.g. the company name under which the original sale was registered, invoice number or date etc?  With this information we will be able to ascertain what products you are licensed for.  Without knowing exactly what you're licensed for, what follows can only deal with the likeliest scenarios.

What dongle number is shown when, in Stardraw, you select Help | About Stardraw ?

We haven't shipped parallel port dongles for about 10 years and they are no longer supported, therefore our current installations do not include drivers for these now obsolete devices.  You may be able to download the latest Sentinel driver from http://www.safenet-inc.com/support-downloads/sentinel-drivers/ but we cannot guarantee that this will solve your problem because it is unsupported hardware.

However, since we're dealing with such an old dongle, and in the absence of licensing details, we have to consider the possibility that your subscription, through which access to online services and techncial support are delivered, may have expired a long time ago.  If your subscription expired before January 1st 2007 your dongle will not be licensed to run Stardraw AV 2007 so the behavior you're seeing would be normal and correct (i.e. the dongle would be licensed for the pre-2007 version of Stardraw AV and not the current version).  In this case you would need to upgrade to Stardraw AV 2007 and as part of this we would send a new USB dongle.

If, however, you have a current subscription we will be happy to send you a new USB dongle free of charge as part of our support service.

If your last subscription expired after January 1st 2007 you should renew to receive support and access to the latest data.  Again, as part of this we would send a new, supported dongle.

In summary, we can only offer support on current/supported products where a current subscription is in place, and in these cases we would ensure use of a USB dongle. 

Apologies for the length of this, but I thought it best to cover all the bases.  If you can help us track down your sales info/licensing details or, indeed, dongle number we can ascertain the correct course of action.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com

john kissel
john kissel
Supreme Being (829 reputation)Supreme Being (829 reputation)Supreme Being (829 reputation)Supreme Being (829 reputation)Supreme Being (829 reputation)Supreme Being (829 reputation)Supreme Being (829 reputation)Supreme Being (829 reputation)Supreme Being (829 reputation)
the software was purchased more then 10 years ago.

the compnay name is

Pinnacle Audio & Video Systems

1704 berkly ave

Elgin Il.

thanks

john-o
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Hi John,

Thanks for the information.  Our records show that your subscription expired in April 2006 so this means that you're only licensed for a discontinued and unsupported product and the support service for this expired almost five years ago. 

The best course of action will be to upgrade to the current product.  The upgrade also includes a one year subscription which will give you access to our online services, data updates and unlimited free technical support.  A quote is on its way to you via email.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com

john kissel
john kissel
if I do this upgrade, do I have to buy this every year from you, Or only if I want upgrades?

Have not received any information as of this date.
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Hi John,

No, you do not need to buy an upgrade every year.  The upgrade is just a license to use the current version, Stardraw AV 2007, where previously you were only licensed to use the old version, Stardraw AV, released in 2000.

The subscription, however, is an annual charge but it's optional.  If you want to benefit from access to online services, data updates and unlimited free technical support then you need a current subscription.  If you allow your subscription to lapse you can still use Stardraw AV 2007, but you can't access those services.

The upgrade price includes your first year's subscription.  Full pricing details for subscriptions can be seen at http://www.stardraw.com/Products/PricingDesign.asp

A quote was sent on March 7th.  We're looking into why you didn't receive it so expect to hear from Tim Van Grove, if you haven't already.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...