creating reports

Author
Robert Nilsson
Supreme Being (12K reputation)Supreme Being (12K reputation)Supreme Being (12K reputation)Supreme Being (12K reputation)Supreme Being (12K reputation)Supreme Being (12K reputation)Supreme Being (12K reputation)Supreme Being (12K reputation)Supreme Being (12K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi!

I have excel 2007 on a computer and try to save a new created report, i can do that only as a macro activated excel file and not as an XLT or XLTx file. This macro file can't be used or seen by stardraw AV or? I can't either save and edited original stardraw report in XLTs file. is familiar to you? any workaround or solutions for this? :-)

I gues a workaround could be to create the report in excel 2003 as XLT and copy it into the stardraw library.

Best regards

Robert Nilsson

DAT AB

David Snipp
David Snipp
Architect (431K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Stardraw will look for Excel .xlt files for it's reports.

You should be able to create these in Excel 2007 and I don't see why they couldn't have macros in them.

You could try it in Excel 2003 and if it works, then it must be a compatibility issue with Excel 2007. If so, please send us the xlt file from Excel 2007 and we will investigate further.

David Snipp
Stardraw.com Ltd

Robert Nilsson
Robert Nilsson
Supreme Being (12K reputation)Supreme Being (12K reputation)Supreme Being (12K reputation)Supreme Being (12K reputation)Supreme Being (12K reputation)Supreme Being (12K reputation)Supreme Being (12K reputation)Supreme Being (12K reputation)Supreme Being (12K reputation)
Thanks for the information david. I'll try that later. anyway it looks like this when i try to save the file

Best regards

Robert Nilsson

DAT AB

Attachments
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (372K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Robert,

From the document you posted it seems that your Windows configuration is hiding extensions for known file types.  You should be saving your template as an Excel Template file (.XLT) not an Excel Workbook file (.XLS).

Excel 2007 has several Save As Type options.  When saving as a Template you should select "Excel 97 - 2003 Template (*.xlt)".  This will force the .XLT extension which is required by Stardraw.  Other template types use different extensions, e.g. .xltx and .xltm, and these will NOT be recognized by Stardraw.

I hope this is helpful.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com

Robert Nilsson
Robert Nilsson
Hi Rob!

Thanks for your information. Well i can't see that anything is hiding. The option save as .XLT is just not there...

I'm not the computer guy but'll try to see if any "other check box" should be set or so in the Excel 2007 version to have the possibility to save as .XLT.

Best regards

Robert Nilsson

DAT AB

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...