Live Update Fails

Author
PhilH
Supreme Being (1.2K reputation)Supreme Being (1.2K reputation)Supreme Being (1.2K reputation)Supreme Being (1.2K reputation)Supreme Being (1.2K reputation)Supreme Being (1.2K reputation)Supreme Being (1.2K reputation)Supreme Being (1.2K reputation)Supreme Being (1.2K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
It ran just fine including installing a new version of updater into the directory then it started the program. My database pointers are not at default as I keep them separated from the program directory which is at default. Those pointers are correct under options, is that perhaps the issue? Guess I should have run that Updater.EXE file but as we are both trouble shooting and felt to wait until directed. Thanks for the help though I am still curious as to what happened.
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (374K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Phil,

What happens when you manually run the file "Stardraw Updater.exe", found in the same folder?

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com

PhilH
PhilH
Supreme Being (1.2K reputation)Supreme Being (1.2K reputation)Supreme Being (1.2K reputation)Supreme Being (1.2K reputation)Supreme Being (1.2K reputation)Supreme Being (1.2K reputation)Supreme Being (1.2K reputation)Supreme Being (1.2K reputation)Supreme Being (1.2K reputation)
Just checked and the file name is already "Stardraw Updater.exe". There is also a "Stardraw Updater.exe.config". Guess we keep looking. Thanks for the help.
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (374K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Phil,

Sorry that you've encountered this problem.  Please check your installation folder, normally “C:\Program Files\Stardraw.com Ltd\Stardraw AV 2007" and see if there's a file there named “Stardraw Updater.exe.new”.

If there is, please rename it to “Stardraw Updater.exe”

Now, when you restart Stardraw AV, does the problem persist?

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com

PhilH
PhilH
After responding yes to the update notification the Stardraw AV Program immediately shuts down without updating. The parallel dongle is recognized by the program and our subscription is current. This is a fresh install after flattening the hard drive. Prior to this no problem has been experienced. OS is XP. Any additional ideas?
Edited 14 Years Ago by PhilH
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...