Stardraw to Autocad conversion

Author
jkaiser
Supreme Being (843 reputation)Supreme Being (843 reputation)Supreme Being (843 reputation)Supreme Being (843 reputation)Supreme Being (843 reputation)Supreme Being (843 reputation)Supreme Being (843 reputation)Supreme Being (843 reputation)Supreme Being (843 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello;

I am currently under an extremely tight time crunch and have to have drawings over to a customer and architect by this afternoon.  My apologies if this subject was already discussed in the past but I surely do not have time to go searching through topics to find the answer...

When I have a stardraw drawing up (ie panel layout) and I do a "save as" into a CAD (.dwg) format, sometimes the symbols are not pulling over correctly when I open them in CAD.. especially being the XLR panel connectors.  There are circles missing, etc.  On some of the other ones, they are absolultely fine.  This is sometimes happening within the same drawing as well.  The connector can look great on one panel but totally missing lines on another panel.  Again, I have to get these over to the customer here right away this afternoon and it looks embarrassing.  Please any assistance right away would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Again!

Jon

Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (374K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Jon,

Assuming you want your client to be able to view/print exactly what you have drawn, and since time is of the essence, I suggest sending them the original .S01 file(s) and directing them to download the free Stardraw Viewer from http://www.stardraw.com/PRODUCTS/StardrawAV/Downloads.asp - this will give the results you want without requiring file conversion. Your client will be able to open, view, zoom and print the original drawings.

I hope this is helpful.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...