View in dark mode

Author
k
Junior Member (24 reputation)Junior Member (24 reputation)Junior Member (24 reputation)Junior Member (24 reputation)Junior Member (24 reputation)Junior Member (24 reputation)Junior Member (24 reputation)Junior Member (24 reputation)Junior Member (24 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi All
Is there a "Dark Mode" of viewing Stardraw Design? 
Like AutoCat - Where the background of the windows are black or darkblue.

Or a nice feature to request :-)
pixelartworks
p
Supreme Being (126 reputation)Supreme Being (126 reputation)Supreme Being (126 reputation)Supreme Being (126 reputation)Supreme Being (126 reputation)Supreme Being (126 reputation)Supreme Being (126 reputation)Supreme Being (126 reputation)Supreme Being (126 reputation)
Bump on this feature request...drawing at night on an ultrawide screen is searingly blinding especially as every other aspect of my work now employs dark mode (OS, Adobe suite, browser (Night Eye Pro), Notepad++, MS Office, to name a fraction!)
Exclamation
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (370K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Haz,

This is something we plan to introduce in an future major release.  Unfortunately we can't project a release date in advance.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
JaymarcAV
J
Junior Member (19 reputation)Junior Member (19 reputation)Junior Member (19 reputation)Junior Member (19 reputation)Junior Member (19 reputation)Junior Member (19 reputation)Junior Member (19 reputation)Junior Member (19 reputation)Junior Member (19 reputation)
Eagerly awaiting the addition of Dark Mode! Any update on this?
Kevin Harrison
Kevin Harrison
Symbols Manager (15K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Your vote for this feature is duly noted, thanks.  We can't project release dates in advance though unfortunately.

Kind regards
Kevin Harrison
Stardraw.com
David Snipp
David Snipp
Architect (430K reputation)
Did you know that Windows 10 has a "Color Filters" option?
This allows you to Invert the colors on the display.
This works well with Stardraw Design 7.3 as the background is Black and any Black Lines or Text is drawn as White.
Does this give you what you need or did you need something else?

David Snipp
Stardraw.com Ltd
dwilliamson
d
Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)
Good afternoon,

2nd Bump on this feature request and eagerly waiting for this update. Most programs today are available in some sort of dark mode with dark background and menus. While I understand changing the whole display to a negative color filter does provide a temporary relief when using Stardraw, it also turns every other program running to negative which is less than ideal. I personally use multiple programs at once, which makes the negative filter a last resort option. 

Thanks so much for your consideration!

Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Thanks for your post; a 'dark mode' is on the development schedule but will form part of a major release so is not expected in the near future.

We like to understand as much as possible of the requirements in the field so would value your opinion on whether dark mode could/should be:
1) The whole UI, i.e. toolbars, menus and other controls including the Product Browser, Properties Grid and Available Symbols Palette and, of course, drawing area, or
2) Just the drawing area i.e. a black, dark gray or similar background to draw on, with menus, toolbars, controls etc as they are today.

Also, what about other views such as the Project Dashboard, Products View and Reporting View?  Should these all be 'dark mode' too?

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
dwilliamson
d
Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)
Rob Robinson - 4/20/2023 5:15:16 PM
Thanks for your post; a 'dark mode' is on the development schedule but will form part of a major release so is not expected in the near future.

We like to understand as much as possible of the requirements in the field so would value your opinion on whether dark mode could/should be:
1) The whole UI, i.e. toolbars, menus and other controls including the Product Browser, Properties Grid and Available Symbols Palette and, of course, drawing area, or
2) Just the drawing area i.e. a black, dark gray or similar background to draw on, with menus, toolbars, controls etc as they are today.

Also, what about other views such as the Project Dashboard, Products View and Reporting View?  Should these all be 'dark mode' too?

The whole UI would be best. A great example to model from would be AutoCAD. In Window Elements settings screen of CAD there are two themes, "Light and Dark". Light turns the toolbars and surrounding controls white, but leaves the background of the modeling space dark. Dark mode turns everything but the pop-up menus for easier viewing.

The project dashboards don't necessarily need to be dark, but the option would be nice. I personally don't spend a lot of time in those windows, so if they remain a lighter background, it wouldn't be an issue in my opinion.

Thanks for the consideration!

Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Thanks for the feedback.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...