Rounded Rectangle as default?

Author
p
Supreme Being (126 reputation)Supreme Being (126 reputation)Supreme Being (126 reputation)Supreme Being (126 reputation)Supreme Being (126 reputation)Supreme Being (126 reputation)Supreme Being (126 reputation)Supreme Being (126 reputation)Supreme Being (126 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi, is it possible to turn off the fillet radii grab handles when drawing boxes / make the default click the resize grab handle? When zoomed out, most of the time I'm just trying to resize the box and not change/add a radii. As I sometimes have to draw away from a desktop and on laptops with high resolution screens it would make it a lot easier to resize things without having to zoom in. 

Cheers

Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (370K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Thanks for the suggestion and apologies for the very long delay in getting back to you on this.

I think the issue is the order in which the handles are calculated; what happens is that when the rectangle is very small, the handles are very close together so you can only select the ones at the very top of the 'z-order' which currently happen to be the fillet handles.

We'll look into changing the z-order so that the rectangle resize handles are always drawn on top of the fillet resize handles so they'll be the ones you grab when zoomed out.   

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
pixelartworks
p
Supreme Being (126 reputation)Supreme Being (126 reputation)Supreme Being (126 reputation)Supreme Being (126 reputation)Supreme Being (126 reputation)Supreme Being (126 reputation)Supreme Being (126 reputation)Supreme Being (126 reputation)Supreme Being (126 reputation)
Rob Robinson - 1/29/2020 8:29:42 PM
Thanks for the suggestion and apologies for the very long delay in getting back to you on this.

I think the issue is the order in which the handles are calculated; what happens is that when the rectangle is very small, the handles are very close together so you can only select the ones at the very top of the 'z-order' which currently happen to be the fillet handles.

We'll look into changing the z-order so that the rectangle resize handles are always drawn on top of the fillet resize handles so they'll be the ones you grab when zoomed out.   

Thanks for the reply on this!
I think with screen resolutions nowadays, the rectangle is *always* small enough such that you need to zoom in excessively to use those handles
pixelartworks
p
Sorry as an update for this, could this z-order fix also be applied to cable labels and cables?

For example when start/end of cable labels are applied, you have to zoom all the way in to grab the handle to move the cable, or you'll grab the label by default (which you almost never need to move in comparison).

For A1 drawings on a 1080p screen this gets extremely tedious! Smile
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Yes, I completely agree and we'll look into making changes to the z-order for handles both of Rectangle and Cable objects.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
I'm pleased to tell you that the update published today includes a re-working of the draw order of handles on Rectangles and Cables so that at more distant zooms the endpoint handle is selected in preference to, for example, the corner radius handle on rectangles, so moving and resizing Rectangle and Cable objects should be a far less 'tedious' experience Smile

Full details of the update can be seen at http://forums.stardraw.com/Topic18646.aspx

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...