Dongle / computer format

Author
Genaudio
Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi Guys

Just finished a format on my own PC and Stardraw installed. For some reason I am signed in and showing online but the ABOUT only shows License: Demo / Demo Expiry: Expired. USB dongle is in place but on device manager (HASP HL 3.25) it is shown as Unknown and windows cannot find the drivers. Any suggestions?

BTW is the dongle needed? considering that I am connected online assuming that this is a cloud registration/log-in??
Edited 5 Years Ago by Genaudio
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (370K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Since this is a newly-formatted drive it's probable that Stardraw Design 7.3 is the only version that has been installed on it.

We added support for Cloud-based licensing with SD7.2 and from that point began phasing out USB dongles. The installer for Stardraw Design 7.3 does not include dongle drivers.

There are 2 options:
1)    We can switch your license over to be Cloud-based.
2)    You can install the dongle drivers from https://sentinelcustomer.gemalto.com/sentineldownloads/ - download and run “Sentinel HASP/LDK Windows GUI Run-time Installer”

We recommend option 1 – Cloud licensing has none of the disadvantages of hardware-based licensing and several advantages over it – so please do let me know if you’d like to switch.  The best way would be to email techsupport@stardraw.com, confirming the email address that you use to sign in to Stardraw Design 7.3.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
Genaudio
Genaudio
Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)
seems like option 1 is year 2019 compliant! Thanks Rob
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (370K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Joe,

Indeed! Your license has been switched, as confirmed by email - thanks for your continued business.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
Genaudio
Genaudio
Thanks for your continuous support.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...