Font Size of Stardraw Products Input/Output labels

Author
Rud Red
Supreme Being (536 reputation)Supreme Being (536 reputation)Supreme Being (536 reputation)Supreme Being (536 reputation)Supreme Being (536 reputation)Supreme Being (536 reputation)Supreme Being (536 reputation)Supreme Being (536 reputation)Supreme Being (536 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi Stardraw and Stardraw users

How can I change the font size of the Stardraw Products Input/Output labels?
I like to change the size global over all Products or over the complete design file or as setting like the "Minimum printed line width" in the ."Personalization>Settings".

Thanks in advnce
RR
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (374K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi RR,

You should ensure that View | Enhanced Text Mode is ON - this sets an optimum text height for labels in symbols.

Beyond that, there is no 'global' way to change such labels and, in fact, the scope for change can be limited due to the spacing of IO stubs, the width of symbols etc.

If the problem you're trying to solve is one of legibility, the usual culprit is poor layout; see the pinned topic at the top of this forum "A Short Guide to Good Drawing Practice"

I hope this is helpful.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
Rud Red
Rud Red
Supreme Being (536 reputation)Supreme Being (536 reputation)Supreme Being (536 reputation)Supreme Being (536 reputation)Supreme Being (536 reputation)Supreme Being (536 reputation)Supreme Being (536 reputation)Supreme Being (536 reputation)Supreme Being (536 reputation)
Hi Rob

Thank you for your response.

Yes it is a issue of legibility. By drawing and also on the printout.
The Enhanced Text Mode is ON and I tried to optimize my drawing but without a better legibility.

The empty space between the text lines (Input/output labels) is huge compared the text height. Thats why I wish I could change the font size setting. I'd like to change the font from Arial to Arial Narrow and the Size to 2.0mm or 2.5mm. And the IO stubs can be left as they are...

Should I change my Post from "Question" to "Wish"? Smile

best
Rud

Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (374K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Rud,

It is possible to change the text height - just use the Unlock cursor to select the labels you want to change.  This may suit your purposes, but it isn't a global or document-wide action - you'll probably have to make such changes symbol by symbol.

I would be interested in seeing your project file so that we can understand exactly what you're doing and seeing.  Feel free to email the .S07 file to techsupport@stardraw.com - this would be useful for us.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
Rud Red
Rud Red
Hi Rob

I know the option of unlocking but this way is too cumbersome. Especially in a large drawing.

So I'll send you a little project by email.

thanks
Rud

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...