Can't see cable label in PDF

Author
janistucs
Supreme Being (627 reputation)Supreme Being (627 reputation)Supreme Being (627 reputation)Supreme Being (627 reputation)Supreme Being (627 reputation)Supreme Being (627 reputation)Supreme Being (627 reputation)Supreme Being (627 reputation)Supreme Being (627 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi, I was drawing many of small block schematics before and there wasn't problems with cable labels, but now I was draw a bigger schematic and when I printed it out to PDF file I cant see the cable labels.
The paper size what I set was A2, I draw in 7.1. version.
Thanks.

Edited 8 Years Ago by janistucs
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (372K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Jānis,

You're using an older version - 7.1 - and you really should be using SD7.2: your subscription is current so it is a free upgrade, and we can only offer support for the current version.

An update published on June 29th fixes the issue where very small text objects might not print, so the solution to the issue is to use the current version.

Stardraw Design 7.2 can be downloaded here

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
janistucs
janistucs
Supreme Being (627 reputation)Supreme Being (627 reputation)Supreme Being (627 reputation)Supreme Being (627 reputation)Supreme Being (627 reputation)Supreme Being (627 reputation)Supreme Being (627 reputation)Supreme Being (627 reputation)Supreme Being (627 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I updated the new version 7.2 but it doesn't fixed my problem is there any new option to enable label visibility?
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Hi Jānis,

So that we can understand your problem, please email the project (.S07) file and the PDF file to techsupport@stardraw.com.  Please also include the exact steps you follow (and details of the PDF Writer that you're using) so that we can reproduce the problem and diagnose what is happening.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Hi Jānis,

Thanks for sending the files.  The drawing is very large and spread out so when you print to a small paper size e.g. 11x17 or A3 the text in 'device space' - i.e. the page - is so small that it doesn't make sense to print or render it.  For example, if the text on that paper size is less than 1 point high, it would be totally illegible, so the printer or reader does not render it.

Choose a larger paper size, e.g. A0, and you will be able to see all the text.  I attach your same file, printed to A0 and you'll find that all text is rendered.

I would also recommend making changes to the drawing to improve layout so that text is more legible overall; see "A Short Guide to Good Drawing Practice" at the top of the forum.

I hope this is helpful.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
Attachments
Block Schematic A0.pdf (480 views, 79.00 KB)
Edited 8 Years Ago by Rob Robinson
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...