Incomplete Product Symbols

Author
Kevin Harrison
Symbols Manager (15K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi Hemant,

Thank you for your post and for trialling Stardraw Design 7.2.

To give a little background:  The symbols library is almost entirely user driven.  Users of SD7.2 are encouraged to request the products they require symbols for and we then go about contacting the manufacturer’s to obtain the product information required to author new symbols.  In order for high detail Rack and Pictorial symbols to be created we need to obtain CAD drawings from the manufacturer.  There are cases where manufacturers are slow to respond with their product information, don't respond to our requests or simply don’t have product information to supply.

When a product is requested and drawings are not available to us immediately, we will publish generic-based symbols.  Generic-based symbols are simply outlines with text and are only published for the Rack and Pictorial modules and are designed as placeholders for the high detail symbols which will ultimately replace them.

We continue to try and obtain product information from manufacturer’s for any symbols published that are based on generics and we encourage Stardraw users, who may already have good relationships with these manufacturer's, that they get in touch with them and ask that they support you, by supplying us [Stardraw] with their product information.  This approach very often helps speed things along!

Provided that the Front High Detail layer is displayed in Racks and Pictorials, which it is by default, then all symbols will display their high detail views, where applicable.

Detailed information about the symbols available in SD7.2 and which symbols are based on generics can be found here .  Selecting a manufacturer lists all of the products and symbols currently available.  Products marked with a * 'star', have Rack and Pictorial symbols that are based on generics.

Thanks once again for posting.  I hope this answers your question.

Regards
Kevin Harrison

Hemant
Hemant
Supreme Being (203 reputation)Supreme Being (203 reputation)Supreme Being (203 reputation)Supreme Being (203 reputation)Supreme Being (203 reputation)Supreme Being (203 reputation)Supreme Being (203 reputation)Supreme Being (203 reputation)Supreme Being (203 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi, 
I am new to Stardraw and have just downloaded the software in trial mode, of course with the intention to purchase the product as it looks like it could do exactly what i need. 
So, after seeing the videos i was very interested in the product becuase of the level of detail the prouct library appeared to have particulary in pictorial view, it looked like i could put a good schematic i could show customers. However once i started using the product i noticed none of the product i chose had any detail at all in both front view and rear view.. so i re-watched the videos and picked a product that was used in the video and it was full of detail as shown in the video. Below is a screen shot of the items i started with. I picked what i thought would be some of the more popular brands Control4, A yamaha reciever, Sonos, Samsung DVD player. As you can see in pictorial view most (except the Crown which was used n the video) have no detail at all. 
Can you please let me know if i am missing a "detail" setting somewhere....

Attachments
stardrawpict.PNG (543 views, 45.00 KB)
Kevin Harrison
Kevin Harrison
Symbols Manager (15K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi Travis,

Thank you for your post.

In order to understand the problems you are seeing, please can you email your project containing the Crestron DM-MD32X32 (as well as any I/O cards) to symbols@stardraw.com.  Please indicate which of the output cards you believe to be the incorrectly sized or missing/miss-aligned I/O labels etc.? 

All symbols are checked before being published however mistakes can and do sometimes occur.. Again, please email symbols@stardraw.com and let us know of any symbols you have found errors with - detailing the problem.  We'll be more than happy to check them over and amend as necessary.

We have thousands of users in over 80 countries so we have no way of guessing what products people are using, which is why it's so important for them to tell us. Even with over 93,000 symbols from 778 manufacturer's currently available in SD7.2 (as I type), there may sometimes be cases where a product, product range or manufacturer is not yet available. If any of the I/O cards that you require are missing from the libraries or there are any other products that you require symbols for, please use the Product Request System to request them.

I hope this is helpful.

Kind regards

Kevin Harrison
TravisB
TravisB
Supreme Being (224 reputation)Supreme Being (224 reputation)Supreme Being (224 reputation)Supreme Being (224 reputation)Supreme Being (224 reputation)Supreme Being (224 reputation)Supreme Being (224 reputation)Supreme Being (224 reputation)Supreme Being (224 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

I've ran into an issue numerous times now while completing A/V drawings where a product symbol will not be complete or is badly formatted (labels not aligned, weird sizing, etc.). Today it specifically was with the Crestrom DM-MD32x32 product symbol. The symbol has the required 32 inputs, but only 8 (out of the required 32) outputs, which are also a completely different size than the card symbols that are supposed to fit into them.  Our company was sold Stardraw on the lone fact that the product libraries were already there for us so we did not have to waste time creating our own. I have had to modify over half of the symbols I have used and most were for widely popular products in the industry.

Am I missing something here? Are symbols not checked over before being submitted to the database?

Thanks,
Travis

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...