Revision Clouds

Author
jessea3
Supreme Being (1.6K reputation)Supreme Being (1.6K reputation)Supreme Being (1.6K reputation)Supreme Being (1.6K reputation)Supreme Being (1.6K reputation)Supreme Being (1.6K reputation)Supreme Being (1.6K reputation)Supreme Being (1.6K reputation)Supreme Being (1.6K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I often find myself marking up drawings to send to architects or EEs.  One of the things they would prefer that I do is enclose any revised areas on markups with a "revision cloud", essentially a series of arcs joined together to make the walls of the box I'm drawing around revisions.  I understand that this is probably somewhat more involved than setting a line to dot-dash or the like, but has there been any thought of this?  It would also be useful on demolition documents.

Thanks!
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (371K reputation)
Group: Administrators
hi Jesse,

Thanks for the feedback - we will consider this as a feature for the future.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
rdenbroe
rdenbroe
Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)
Can I multi-like this idea? I am forever making little clouds of various sizes. I have quite the collection now! 8)

-Rick
bduza
b
Supreme Being (960 reputation)Supreme Being (960 reputation)Supreme Being (960 reputation)Supreme Being (960 reputation)Supreme Being (960 reputation)Supreme Being (960 reputation)Supreme Being (960 reputation)Supreme Being (960 reputation)Supreme Being (960 reputation)
+1 for this request.
I also use these, for:

outlining areas that need revision
outlining sections of a 'standard' schematic that are options/variations
outlining sections of a schematic that have a more detailed information in another schematic

I don't like using straight/dashed lines for these as that clashes with the rectangles used for grouping equipment by area.‌‌‌‌‌‌‌
rpeters
r
Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)
A revision cloud tool would save me a lot of time as well. Right now I'm hand making clouds out of arcs - it works but I can't help but think a tool would speed up the work flow. +1 for this feature request from me as well!
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (371K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Thanks for the +1 on this feature request; up votes are a great help to us when trying to assign priority to requested features and a Revision Cloud tool is now near the top of the wishlist.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
John Christie
J
Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)
Might I recommend a line type for the Polygon tool that draws cloud arcs instead of dots or dashes.  They need to be scale-able in size (Line width) so they can be visible on high scale drawings.
Yes please this is extremely important to the contracting world where we have to mark up and return/resubmit design drawings for each revision.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...