'Grab' tool

Author
Tonyg
Supreme Being (1.6K reputation)Supreme Being (1.6K reputation)Supreme Being (1.6K reputation)Supreme Being (1.6K reputation)Supreme Being (1.6K reputation)Supreme Being (1.6K reputation)Supreme Being (1.6K reputation)Supreme Being (1.6K reputation)Supreme Being (1.6K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
A feature I would find very useful would be a Grab tool, similar to Acrobat. This would make it very easy to grab the entire drawing and move it around the screen, and if it could be activated by a keyboard shortcut, so much the better. The new mousewheel X&Y scrolling is very nice, and a grab tool seems to be the logical next step.

Cheers,

Tony
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (370K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Tony,

Thanks for your post - yes this is a logical step and the request has been added to our development wishlist.  We'll publish notice of availability of the new feature through our website and newsletter.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com

Patrick - pAV
Patrick - pAV
Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)
Hi!

It would be very fine to have this function. Its really annoying to use the sliders in an bigger drawing.
Is there a chance that you can implement this funcktion?
Or is there another way to slide thru? (Sorry, i am a beginner).

Kind regards,
Patrick
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (370K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Patrick,

The middle mouse button (or clicking on the mousewheel) provides Grab functionality.

You can also use the mousewheel in combination with Ctrl or Shift to pan horizontally or vertically, and adding the Alt key delivers 10x the effect.

I hope this is helpful.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
Patrick - pAV
Patrick - pAV
Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)
Hi Rob,

thanks for the fast answer. These are the things i was searching for!
Thank you!

Best regards,
Patrick
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...