Attributes not updating

Author
Tobinski
Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi 

I recently created a custom attribute for connectors which I used to replace the engraving feature.  Basically I have [XXX] on a layer called connector ID in my user defined product in panel and block drawings.  The aim is that when I number the 600 odd connectors on the schematic these numbers will update onto the panel drawings and vice versa if i make a numbering change on a panel the schematic updates,  ( works in theory and kind of in principal) 

Problem seems to be when I do "Update attributes"  not all of them update and sometimes the attribute is on the properties list with a number but the attribute does not display on the connector in the drawing.  If I delete the connector off the drawing and then add it back in from available symbols the attribute reappears.

Any Ideas??? 
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (371K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Toby,

Thanks for your post - what you're describing is an interesting application of SD7.1 and it would be very helpful if you could share the project (.s07) file with us so that we can see exactly what you're doing.  Please would you email the file to techsupport@stardraw.com, along with any instructions to simply and reliably reproduce the effect?

On a potentially related matter, we have received several Error Reports from you in the last 2 days so if we can see the project and reproduce these errors, a) we may be able to prevent the error and b) it might explain this 'partial update' effect you have described.

Once we have seen the file we will be able to comment more fully on the issue - thanks.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
Tobinski
Tobinski
Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)
Rob 

Thanks, File is on its way to you, have put details of the file in the email.  Also the error report only seems to occur when I close the program if  I have available symbols unpinned and on a second monitor.  

Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Hi Toby,

For those following the thread, I'm pleased to say that an update that fixes the issue has been published: see http://forums.stardraw.com/Topic15847.aspx

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
Edited 9 Years Ago by Rob Robinson
RAllan
R
Supreme Being (405 reputation)Supreme Being (405 reputation)Supreme Being (405 reputation)Supreme Being (405 reputation)Supreme Being (405 reputation)Supreme Being (405 reputation)Supreme Being (405 reputation)Supreme Being (405 reputation)Supreme Being (405 reputation)
In response to this post (which seems to be the only one of its kind);

I‌ am still having troubles getting attributes to load up in all sheets, which is a major concern as attributes are the only thing differentiating the products we select (ie: room its in/level its on/‌zone/etc). We have projects that have over 100 rooms, and the only way to manage which devices are to go onto which rack is to assign attributes as your placing in the block schematic. I‌ am noticing that when applying attributes, these attributes do not show up to all sheets.

i‌e: I apply a room/zone/location to a PoE switch in a "block schematic screen". I then go to the "rack layout" screen, ‌go to "available symbols" and the PoE switch is there, but with no attributes attached to it (not even when going to edit > updated all attributed). The ONLY way I have found to get these attributes to appear in the available symbols is to drag it onto the sheet, and delete it (which is not convenient, and which still wont update the attributes to the other sheets). It makes it extremely cumbersome in a project with 100+ rooms and no ways to identify which device is where on any other view but the view used to apply the attributes.

T‌his is a major flaw in the program, and is a huge setback for me. Please fix‌

Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
We'd be happy to investigate but of course need to be able to reproduce any reported issue in order to fix it.

P‌lease email the project file to techsupport@stardraw.com along with specific instructions on how to reliably reproduce the ‌issue - thanks.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
RAllan
R
Supreme Being (405 reputation)Supreme Being (405 reputation)Supreme Being (405 reputation)Supreme Being (405 reputation)Supreme Being (405 reputation)Supreme Being (405 reputation)Supreme Being (405 reputation)Supreme Being (405 reputation)Supreme Being (405 reputation)
Rob Robinson - 11/29/2017 8:33:38 PM
We'd be happy to investigate but of course need to be able to reproduce any reported issue in order to fix it.

P‌lease email the project file to techsupport@stardraw.com along with specific instructions on how to reliably reproduce the ‌issue - thanks.

I have contact tech support. I referenced this post in my email, explained my current issues, and attached my file with text notes inside the file explaining my issue.

H‌opefully this bug can be fixed/a resolution can be made as it is currently standing in the way of our company purchasing the full version and making it a company standard to use.

W‌ill await a (hopefully speedy) reply‌‌ from the support team and also keep this forum post updated with any findings I/tech support come across to help future users

Edited 7 Years Ago by RAllan
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Hi Robert,

T‌hanks for sending the sample file‌ - we received it on Friday evening and it was extremely helpful, allowing us to reliably reproduce, and therefore fix, the issue.  An update was published this (Monday) afternoon.

‌F‌ull details of this and other features of today's update can be found here 

T‌hanks again for alerting us to the problem and helping to make Stardraw Design 7 an even better product.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
RAllan
R
Rob Robinson - 12/4/2017 6:22:38 PM
Hi Robert,

T‌hanks for sending the sample file‌ - we received it on Friday evening and it was extremely helpful, allowing us to reliably reproduce, and therefore fix, the issue.  An update was published this (Monday) afternoon.

‌F‌ull details of this and other features of today's update can be found here 

T‌hanks again for alerting us to the problem and helping to make Stardraw Design 7 an even better product.

Just wanted to inform everyone that this issue was fixed in the latest update. The tech support team was extremely helpful and speedy in their fix for this bug which caused the program to be near un-usable when working with large scale projects.

T‌hanks for the fix Smile

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...