Librarys in list do not open

Author
rsoneill
Supreme Being (705 reputation)Supreme Being (705 reputation)Supreme Being (705 reputation)Supreme Being (705 reputation)Supreme Being (705 reputation)Supreme Being (705 reputation)Supreme Being (705 reputation)Supreme Being (705 reputation)Supreme Being (705 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation

Just reinstalled my stardraw a/v into my new win 8 laptop and the libraries are not working. The folders appear in the library list but my libraries and offline libraries will not list out the files or symbols. Nor does the offline directory go further than the block, panels, pictorials, and racks folders.

thanks for any help on this.

Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (370K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Bob,

Without a current subscription you cannot download symbols; our records suggest that your subscription to Stardraw AV 2007 expired more than 3 years ago.

There is a FAQ that might help you at http://www.stardraw.com/PRODUCTS/StardrawAV/FAQ.asp?FAQ=AV001

But since AV 2007 is now a legacy product the best approach will be to upgrade to the product that has replaced it - Stardraw Design 7: see http://www.stardraw.com/Products/stardrawdesign7

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
rsoneill
rsoneill
Supreme Being (705 reputation)Supreme Being (705 reputation)Supreme Being (705 reputation)Supreme Being (705 reputation)Supreme Being (705 reputation)Supreme Being (705 reputation)Supreme Being (705 reputation)Supreme Being (705 reputation)Supreme Being (705 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation
Thanks and yes I am aware that the subscription has expired. I was trying to update an older file and had backed up everything for the new install - was not trying to download any new symbols. I can't even use the symbols that I created locally - nothing shows up. Nor any of the offline files. Understanding that this is now a legacy product, I was asking if this has occurred in the past.

Thanks
Patrick Marks
Patrick Marks
Supreme Being (623 reputation)Supreme Being (623 reputation)Supreme Being (623 reputation)Supreme Being (623 reputation)Supreme Being (623 reputation)Supreme Being (623 reputation)Supreme Being (623 reputation)Supreme Being (623 reputation)Supreme Being (623 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Having the same problem myself. I used 2D 2007 on Windows 8 earlier this year with no problems. However today I tried to create a new drawing (with dongle inserted!) but could not create a link to any of the symbols library in spite of creating new paths and moving/copying the symbols library to other folders. Why is this?

In desperation I downloaded the demo version of Stardraw 7 only to be completely dismayed on discovering that there are NO lighting manufacturer symbols at all! Does this mean that Stardraw is no longer usable by LD's?

Very disappointed.
Patrick Marks
Patrick Marks
Supreme Being (623 reputation)Supreme Being (623 reputation)Supreme Being (623 reputation)Supreme Being (623 reputation)Supreme Being (623 reputation)Supreme Being (623 reputation)Supreme Being (623 reputation)Supreme Being (623 reputation)Supreme Being (623 reputation)
And there's more!

I really don't understand what's going on now... I know I haven't subscribed for around 3 years, but I have been successfully using Stardraw 2D with my dongle up until March this year. I've just checked my dongle and it tells me it's only programmed until Jan 2010. How come I've managed to create new drawings until recently? When I try to re-subscribe to activate my dongle and get 2D working again I'm told that 2D is no longer supported. Is there any way that I can continue to use 2D and access my library list? I have a drawing to complete and find myself in the frustrating and embarrassing position of not being able to do this.
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Hi Patrick,

You have a perpetual license to use Stardraw Lighting 2D 2007 - you can create, save and print documents indefinitely.

The Annual Subscription is the maintenance package whereby support and other services are delivered.

Thus, you do not need a current subscription to continue to use Stardraw Lighting 2D 2007.

It is true that Stardraw Lighting 2D 2007 has now been discontinued and is no longer supported, but that does not mean that you cannot continue to use existing installations.

As an unsupported package, though, we can not offer any guarantee that the application will work on operating systems for which it was not designed and tested, particularly if, as is the case of Windows 8, they were released after Stardraw Lighting 2D 2007 was discontinued.

You are correct that Stardraw Design 7 does not currently include any lighting-specific data or functionality; we are in a hiatus as far as lighting design software is concerned but will, of course, announce any changes to this if, as and when they may occur.

I hope that this helps to clarify matters and am pleased that the application has served you so well for so long.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
John H
John H
Supreme Being (1.3K reputation)Supreme Being (1.3K reputation)Supreme Being (1.3K reputation)Supreme Being (1.3K reputation)Supreme Being (1.3K reputation)Supreme Being (1.3K reputation)Supreme Being (1.3K reputation)Supreme Being (1.3K reputation)Supreme Being (1.3K reputation)
Just reinstalled my stardraw a/v into my new win 8 laptop and the libraries are not working...

I ran into the same problem as Bob...

One of our PC’s was recently replaced with a machine running Windows 8. We are still running AV2007 waiting for some new features to be introduced in SD7.

None of the folders in “My Libraries” can be opened to access symbols for the drawings. I have verified the location of the folders (C:\My Documents\Stardraw.com Ltd\Stardraw AV 2007\My Symbols)and we have uninstalled and reinstalled a new download to make sure the file was not corrupt. I can create a symbol by dragging something into the folder and pull it from the folder as long as it remains visible in the folder. As soon as the folder is closed, it cannot be reopened. We tried refreshing libraries, closing / reopening the program and more – no luck.

Do you have any suggestions?

John H
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Hi John,

Thanks for pointing this out.

We have reproduced the effect, but since Stardraw AV 2007 is a legacy application and has been discontinued, we do not plan to update the software to add full support for Windows 8.

Since you do have a license for Stardraw Design 7, our latest application that DOES support Windows 8, we would suggest that you use that.

I hope that you agree it is better to use current software rather than unsupported, legacy software, particularly in new environments.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...