View extra information (kind of title) of product in Block Schematic

Author
H.Ketting
Supreme Being (1.1K reputation)Supreme Being (1.1K reputation)Supreme Being (1.1K reputation)Supreme Being (1.1K reputation)Supreme Being (1.1K reputation)Supreme Being (1.1K reputation)Supreme Being (1.1K reputation)Supreme Being (1.1K reputation)Supreme Being (1.1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Is it possible to add extra tekst in a product on a block schematic drawing to know with product is witch??

We use a lot of the same components / products in an installation and it would be nice to show an extra tekst in the 'product'' telling us witch item is for what puprpose.

I can do something like this with an extra label / Tekst-field, but it would be nicer to have this tekst-field incorporated directly into the product. I found the attributes of the products, but they do not show on the block schematic drawing:The tekst below "Enc - Carto XP/EP" is a tekst-field and is no part of the product. Moving one or the other does not move the other. Except when I group them. But it would be nice to have this tekst to appear into the product itself as part of the product.

Can this be done?? and if yes: how can i do this

http://forums.stardraw.com/Uploads/Images/c3c07ae1-3861-4394-bb92-56a2.jpg
Tags
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (374K reputation)
Group: Administrators
You can edit and add any information to User Defined Products (UDPs). The movie "Adding New Products" covers creation and editing of UDP symbols and you can view it here: http://www.stardraw.com/products/stardrawdesign7/movies.asp

Once a UDP has been created you can rightclick on it in the Product Browser, choose Edit Symbols, and amend the symbol in any way you like - this is covered at about 6m 36s into the movie.

Currently it is not possible to associate a text field with an Attribute, but you can edit a text field in a symbol in your drawing using the Unlock cursor.

I hope this is helpful.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
Edited 11 Years Ago by Rob Robinson
H.Ketting
H.Ketting
Supreme Being (1.1K reputation)Supreme Being (1.1K reputation)Supreme Being (1.1K reputation)Supreme Being (1.1K reputation)Supreme Being (1.1K reputation)Supreme Being (1.1K reputation)Supreme Being (1.1K reputation)Supreme Being (1.1K reputation)Supreme Being (1.1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Rob,

thanks for the answer; I had seen the video, but changing the product or making a new one for each occurence does give a lot of products in stead of one with a different title / description.

Your tip on the 'unlock' cursor does do the trick for us I guess. Thanks!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...