Print is too light

Author
galaxyguide
Supreme Being (30K reputation)Supreme Being (30K reputation)Supreme Being (30K reputation)Supreme Being (30K reputation)Supreme Being (30K reputation)Supreme Being (30K reputation)Supreme Being (30K reputation)Supreme Being (30K reputation)Supreme Being (30K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Not sure where the problem is on this.

When I print, unless I have enhanced the line weight (as is easy to do for a cable, but not for product/objects), objects are almost too light to see. For example pictorials or outlines on block products lineweight is too light. Experiments on the printer, from the old SD2007 viewer, SD 2007 drawings print out correctly on that printer; but not from within the SD2007 program. We don't have a viewer for SD7 yet, where is that found please?

I have gone through the settings on the print driver and enabled light line enhancement, saturated color... so everything that I could find on the driver software to enhance light lines. The printer in and of itself prints other applications to satisfaction, and if I have created my own UDP from a jpg it is also satisfactory within sd7. I am wondering if there is a settings within SD7 that I can adjust to enhance the library items?
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (371K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Linda,

I just want to clarify what you're saying:

1) A .S01 file prints OK from the Viewer

2) A .S01 file is too light when printed from Stardraw AV 2007

3) A Stardraw Design 7 drawing is too light when printed from Stardraw Design 7

Correct?

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
galaxyguide
galaxyguide
Supreme Being (30K reputation)Supreme Being (30K reputation)Supreme Being (30K reputation)Supreme Being (30K reputation)Supreme Being (30K reputation)Supreme Being (30K reputation)Supreme Being (30K reputation)Supreme Being (30K reputation)Supreme Being (30K reputation)
1. Yes - I originally relied on others in the office for their experience printing, since they had the viewer loaded and I didn't. I loaded the viewer and do find that the it does print somewhat darker than when printed directly from SD2007.

2. Yes- .s01 very light when printed with laser printer, better when printed to jet printer of course.

3. Yes - Design 7 too light when printed from program. Can't find viewer for Design 7, in order to test printing from viewer, can't load .s07 file into .s01 viewer.
galaxyguide
galaxyguide
Any thoughts on practically invisible lines in products?
Edited 12 Years Ago by galaxyguide
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Hi Linda,

This is something we are investigating: it comes down to how printers interpret line widths, in particular 0 width, whether (and how) we should enforce a minimum width in device-space (i.e. the printed page), who decides, and what that width should be.

If we send a 0 width line to a printer, the printer will output it as finely as possible, so the same line will look different in print, depending on the printer. The better (or, more accurately, the higher-resolution) the printer, the thinner the line could print, with a 300dpi printer outputting at 1/300th of an inch, and a 1200dpi printer outputting at a quarter of that.

However, we also need to consider non-zero line widths. For example, if a line has a width of 1/48th inch, but the drawing has been scaled down to 1 100th of its size for printing (conversion to device space) do we try to output a 1/4800th inch-thick line, or impose a minimum here too. And how do we define that value?

We're looking, therefore, at the best way to allow users to do what they need, and the best way to implement the UI and logic. The ramifications are significant so please bear with us.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
galaxyguide
galaxyguide
Hi Rob,
Thank you for the thoughtful reply.
I suppose it is too simplistic to just have an "enhance the library products slider"; a graduated multiplier, or in this case (since it is zero) a graduated addition script. Only the library products themselves are too light, the text associated with the products prints quite well; title block, text, cables all that is just right, or can be made right in the properties grid.
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Hi Linda,

I'm pleased to tell you that we have just published an update which includes a new setting, "Minimum printed line width", which, as the name suggests, allows you to constrain printers to outputting lines no thinner than your desired thickness. You can access this setting using Tools | Personalization | Settings.

We believe this approach offers the best and most flexible solution to the issue you highlighted.

To install this feature simply run SD7 and Accept Updates when prompted.

For further details of this and the other changes that make up this update please see the Updates to Stardraw Design 7 sub forum

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
galaxyguide
galaxyguide
yes!
markspend1
markspend1
Supreme Being (1,000 reputation)Supreme Being (1,000 reputation)Supreme Being (1,000 reputation)Supreme Being (1,000 reputation)Supreme Being (1,000 reputation)Supreme Being (1,000 reputation)Supreme Being (1,000 reputation)Supreme Being (1,000 reputation)Supreme Being (1,000 reputation)
Hello Guys according to that topic i think that there may be a density setting on the cpanel.You may be able to see the present establishing on any analyze create. If there isn't a distinction when you modify this setting you may need service on the printing device.Thanks!!

online marketing new york
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...