copying from SD2007 and how do I create new layers

Author
galaxyguide
Supreme Being (30K reputation)Supreme Being (30K reputation)Supreme Being (30K reputation)Supreme Being (30K reputation)Supreme Being (30K reputation)Supreme Being (30K reputation)Supreme Being (30K reputation)Supreme Being (30K reputation)Supreme Being (30K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
How do I copy my line legends into SD7 title block? I can't seem to do a simple cut and paste operation. I would like to use my old legends, in my new drawings. Ideally put them in the title block, and be able to grab them out of the library.

Seems like you addressed this earlier with a "special" layer that can be used to get info into the title block area, but I don't easily see how to create new layers in the document, or initial starting template.

Also, cut and paste, or import picture is not working with the old file format.

Thank you for your help, in advance.
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (371K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Custom Title Block templates are just .S07 files with a drawing tab per page size and orientation so you can add any objects you want to a Title Block template in exactly the same way that you would edit any other drawing. See the movie "Customizing your Title Blocks" at http://www.stardraw.com/products/stardrawdesign7/movies.asp

There are lots of ways you could get data from AV2007 files into SD7 format. I think that in this scenario the easiest way would be:

1. Open your custom Title Block Template file

2. Import your .S01 file (File | Import and select 'Stardraw AV 2007 files (*.s01') from the file type dropdown). A new drawing tab will be created.

3. Copy from the imported drawing and paste into the desired page size/orientation drawing.

4. Delete the imported drawing.

Note that AV2007 used an old and now redundant technology to handle non-native objects. Called 'Object Linking and Embedding' (OLE) you could use this to embed images and other non-Stardraw objects into a drawing. OLE is not supported in SD7 so images (and anything else embedded into a .S01 file using OLE) will be discarded on import. Likewise copy/paste will not work for OLE objects.

SD7's integrated image handling is far superior to the capabilities offered by OLE so you can simply add back any discarded images using the Insert Picture tool assuming, of course, that you have access to the original image file.

To create layers, open the Layers dialog (View | Layers, or click on the Layers collection in the document Properties Grid) and click on New Layer. For more see Help and use the Index or Search tool to see Layers Dialog.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...