Resizing Objects ???

Author
Fellmeth
Supreme Being (8.5K reputation)Supreme Being (8.5K reputation)Supreme Being (8.5K reputation)Supreme Being (8.5K reputation)Supreme Being (8.5K reputation)Supreme Being (8.5K reputation)Supreme Being (8.5K reputation)Supreme Being (8.5K reputation)Supreme Being (8.5K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

Not too long ago Resizing Objects was a possibility. Has anything changed? I can't seem to adjust my block sizes anymore.

-Eris Fellmeth

Fellmeth@controLED.de
Edited 12 Years Ago by Fellmeth
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (374K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Eris,

Yes, we made a small change to the behavior because it was too easy to re-size symbols by mistake.

Re-sizing of symbols is something that should usually be avoided, particularly in 'well-defined' environments like Block Schematic and Rack Layout drawings; re-sized symbols will not work with the grid and, in Racks, you'll no longer be able to take accurate dimensions from a re-sized symbol.

But you know all this Smile

The new behviour is as follows: if your selection contains a symbol it cannot be re-sized, except if your selection is a Group.

So, to re-size symbols, create a Group that contains the symbols to be re-sized, re-size it by dragging a handle (hold Shift when dragging a corner handle to maintain proportions), then Ungroup.

Although this adds 2 extra steps, Group and Ungroup, we believe it protects most users from easily, accidentally doing something that they really don't want to do.

I hope that makes sense.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
Fellmeth
Fellmeth
Supreme Being (8.5K reputation)Supreme Being (8.5K reputation)Supreme Being (8.5K reputation)Supreme Being (8.5K reputation)Supreme Being (8.5K reputation)Supreme Being (8.5K reputation)Supreme Being (8.5K reputation)Supreme Being (8.5K reputation)Supreme Being (8.5K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Thanks Rob, it's awesome I love it. It's some nice thinking-outside-the-box!

-Eris Fellmeth

Fellmeth@controLED.de
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...