Line Style Options

Author
Fellmeth
Supreme Being (8.5K reputation)Supreme Being (8.5K reputation)Supreme Being (8.5K reputation)Supreme Being (8.5K reputation)Supreme Being (8.5K reputation)Supreme Being (8.5K reputation)Supreme Being (8.5K reputation)Supreme Being (8.5K reputation)Supreme Being (8.5K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi guys,

I've just finished up a few more projects and I would like to make a couple suggestions that I find would make Design7 a greater tool.

After working with a variety of companies; here are two issues I received in regards to colors and printing.
  1. Line Width Options: Manny lines don't show up once the drawing has been printed

MY EXPLANATION: If your default lines are set to 0.05cm (for example), when the drawing is scaled to fit in an A0 or A3 page Title layout it is very difficult to know before hand how big the lines will be in reality on the print. Thus sometimes the DPI settings of the printer won't print the lines. So therefore I must individually click and reset all of the selected lines to a new width.

2. Line Color options: Often our drawing have many types of of cables within the same drawing. Color coding is always a great option, however often not enough. Typically cables in reality are striped with black white or other various colors to ensure ease telling them apart. I know that Design7 offers the ability to select "Dash Style" for all cables, however I don't find "Dash Style" useful at all for interconnecting cables within a complex drawing (especially when two or more cable lay over-top one-another).

I SUGGEST: The ability to create striped cables. Ex:Green+1Black_Stripe / Green+2Black_Stripes / or Green+3Red_Stripes; so on and so forth.
    This way all my Line level cables could be light blue, furthermore I could identify the different types, such as eighth inch stereo(3.5mm), quarter inch stereo(6.5mm), or LR RCA over Cat7 twisted pair.

Thanks,

-Eris Fellmeth

Fellmeth@controLED.de
Uros Cvijan
Uros Cvijan
Supreme Being (5K reputation)Supreme Being (5K reputation)Supreme Being (5K reputation)Supreme Being (5K reputation)Supreme Being (5K reputation)Supreme Being (5K reputation)Supreme Being (5K reputation)Supreme Being (5K reputation)Supreme Being (5K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Anything about this? Primarily I am interested on the line width part...
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (374K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Sorry for the delay in replying to this.

Line widths - we'll address this as a high priority and post back as soon as we have news.

Line Color Options - we'll look into this as a possible new feature but if if it does make it onto the feature list it will take quite some time; it's not something that could be achieved in the short term.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...