Symbols in DWG files

Author
Longva
Supreme Being (574 reputation)Supreme Being (574 reputation)Supreme Being (574 reputation)Supreme Being (574 reputation)Supreme Being (574 reputation)Supreme Being (574 reputation)Supreme Being (574 reputation)Supreme Being (574 reputation)Supreme Being (574 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi

I have been playing around with Design 7, and have imported a DWG drawing of a building.

I would like to put f.ex speaker symbols into the drawing, and use in projects.

I have achived this by copy/paste from block or pictorial schematic but; the symbols appear very small in the DWG, is it possible to resize them?

And the available symbols list is empty, should this contain the symbols from the project?

Is there any other way to acchieve what i want to do?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Thomas Longva

EHS Proshop AS

Norway

Regards

Thomas Longva
Project Manager
Bright Norway AS
Norway

Tags
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (371K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Thomas,

Plan View is a new Module, currently in Beta, that is designed to do what you want to do with DWG files. We are working on a couple of minor updates that should be complete within a week and will make its use a lot more intuitive.

Today you can start a new Plan View drawing and then copy from your imported DWG and paste into the Plan View drawing. Plan View features a Symbol Browser which allowsyou to drag in appropriately-sized symbols from the Stardraw library and your own symbols in DWG, DXF and image formats, including JPG, PNG, TIF and other image files.

As I mentioned, this is still in the final stages of development and will be finalized in the next few days.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
Edited 12 Years Ago by Rob Robinson
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...