How handle updates in the Product library ?

Author
Mats
Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,

You start a new project, You realize You miss one product, You define a block symbol for the product (don't exist in standard library and You have no time to wait).
When using the product, it pops up in the product list (as it should do).
Now You realize that You need a rack drawing, there is no rack symbol, and you fix one quickly (just the box).
Now a unused rack symbol pops up in the rack drawing section, and You can drag into the rack, perfect.

But now I have time to redefine/update the rack symbol with more lines, images and other stuff.
How do I then update the rack drawing ?
If I drag the product into the rack, I get a new product in the product list... and if I remove the old one, it disapears from the block schematics as well.

Any trick here ?

Br
Mats
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (374K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Mats,

Assuming the rack symbol is created as part of the User Defined Product you can edit the rack symbol by rightclicking on the UDP in the Product Browser.

Make your changes - add lines etc - and exit the Symbol Editing mode, remembering to save changes.

In the rack drawing click on the old symbol and hit Delete on your keyboard: the product will be returned to the Available Symbols Palette but you'll see that it's the new symbol that is shown in the palette. Drag the new symbol back into the rack.

Is this what you wanted?

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
Mats
Mats
Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Yes, thanks!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...