Synchronizing Text on different pages to Information filled out in Project Details

Author
imoconno
Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to have certain text (in my case, titles and borders) on each page automatically update when you fill in information on the dashboard.

Such information might include Project Title, Reference, Client Name, Author Name and Title, and would save time for my colleagues when designing in Stardraw 7.

So does anyone know how this could be done? If not can we see it in the next upgrade.

Thanks,

Ian
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (374K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Ian,

It sounds like you're describing the exact functionality of Title Blocks - see the movie "Using Title Blocks" at http://www.stardraw.com/products/StardrawDesign7/movies.asp

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
imoconno
imoconno
Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Follow up question:

I am using text like "[Project\Date]" to reference the date the project was created for my title block template. However, theres a part in my diagram where I want to reference 4 pieces of information from the project and have them in one text line. Example:

"[Project\Name]-[Project\Reference]-[Document\Date]-[Document\Revision]"

I have tried doing this but anything other than one object in square brackets in the text property will cause it to display exactly as it reads.

Is this currently possible in stardraw to combine and show these references in one text line? It would really help, since this will be a template and the word lengths will change on each project so I can't hard code 4 text lines side by side without worrying if they overlap or have a gap on the screen. Since this will apply to every page in the project, I'd like to be able to have it work here and apply to every page, rather than manually change each page for each project.

Thanks
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (374K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Ian,

Putting 4 substitution fields in a row will be problematic. As you rightly point out, you don't know how long the substituted text will be.

I suggest having 4 lines, or even 2 rows of 2 (using left and right alignment)

If you have to have a single line I suggest adding a grid so that each text field is in its own box. This is basically how it's done in the title blocks, just in a different layout.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...