How to update title block

Author
Mats
Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
hello,
Perhaps a small thing, but irritating anyway.

What is the recommended workflow when You want to update an drawing, and in this, also put in comments in the revision/date/notes field, and also to update the date, revision and perhaps use in the title block ?

When you create the Title block, You put in name, revision and other basic data, that will be put into the title block.
Now I do a major update, and put in rev 1.1, todays date and a note as text in the area designed in the title block for this.
I don't know of any other method and just use standard text in the drawing ?
Not a problem, but now I want to update the "real" title block, the only way I see is to press ctrl-T, update revision, and date and other data

Now the updated titleblock is inserted into the drawing, and resized, to cover the complete drawing, including my text for revision, date and note.
This text elements are now inside my drawing.

Now I have to move this text objects into the drawing, redo the ctrl-T to get a proper sized border, and move my textelements back again...

Hopefully I do something wrong, so I can access the title block data some other way to update them ?

Br
Mats
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (371K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Mats,

We have a better solution for handling revision notes on the development roadmap, but for now you can do this as a workaround;

1. Once you have inserted your title block and added revision notes, create a layer (or use an existing layer that is currently unused, e.g. 'Special') and ensure it is Displayed.
  2. Move your notes onto the Special layer.
  3. When you need to update the Title Block:
    1. Hide the Special layer
    2. Insert the title block (Ctrl+T)
    3. Show the Special layer.
You'll find that the title block sizes around the drawing as before, and when you display the Special Layer the notes will appear in the right place.

I hope this is helpful.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...