Dimension Tool, Line Tool

Author
Fellmeth
Supreme Being (8.5K reputation)Supreme Being (8.5K reputation)Supreme Being (8.5K reputation)Supreme Being (8.5K reputation)Supreme Being (8.5K reputation)Supreme Being (8.5K reputation)Supreme Being (8.5K reputation)Supreme Being (8.5K reputation)Supreme Being (8.5K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi StarDraw team,

About 2-3 weeks ago I had massive issues regarding the Dimension Tool and line settings regarding system overload when using too many dimension tools in one drawing. My sample projects and issues were forwarded to the StarDraw engineers I presume.
Currently I'm working on new drawings that require dimension tools to illustrate distances and so I've just been using the normal line tool with text to get the job done.

Here are a few issues that I have with dimension-Tools, Line-Tools and labels in general.

Dimension Tool:
1- The DimensionTool has default arrows on the lines; these default arrows have a preset size!... The arrows are too big to use at a millimeter level
virtually non-existent at a Meter level. There is however an option to add arrows over-top of the existing ones by changing the "Arrow Style" within "Line Style". Although it does fix the issue at a Meter Level, it also adds arrows to the intersecting guide lines. Nevertheless even though changing the "Arrow Style" fixes some issues, Design7 is unable to save the changes. Every time I alter the "Arrow Style", save, close and re-open... the new arrows disappears.

2- It would be very useful to have the ability to set a ratio for the DimensionTool such as 2:1, 3:4 and so on. That way if the dimension tool measured 4cm it could illustrate 2m if I will it. Or at least the ability to enter my own text.

Line Tool:
1- With the LineTool, the arrows are so small. It is difficult to differentiate between normal lines and line with arrow at some zoom levels. The only way to kinda fix this is to make the line thicker, but then I wind up with a big thick line that sticks out and doesn't always suit my purpose.

2- I know that I've made mention of this before, but I really miss the ability to be able to actually be able to draw things in StarDraw. Things other than just Squares, Circles and Lines. The ability to create triangles, diamonds, stars... essentially any type of complex geometry with the ability to select line style and fill it in with any shade or color. I sometimes need to build cabinets and furniture in my drawings in order to illustrate the size ratios and locations of TVs and equipment.

Thanks,

-Eris Fellmeth

Fellmeth@controLED.de
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...