More Printing Issues

Author
domroz
Supreme Being (5K reputation)Supreme Being (5K reputation)Supreme Being (5K reputation)Supreme Being (5K reputation)Supreme Being (5K reputation)Supreme Being (5K reputation)Supreme Being (5K reputation)Supreme Being (5K reputation)Supreme Being (5K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I am finding it really inconvenient that the title block tool frames the whole drawing, and that if I want to print, I get the whole drawing. If I have a large drawing and want to give someone a detail view, I export the drawing to CAD, get the view I want and print it. This is time consuming and replies on the user having Autocad or similar just to manipulate the output of stardraw. These other cad programs (Autocad, Vectorworks etc.) use 'viewports' or similar to allow selection / cropping of the area required to print. This would significantly add to the flexibility and usability of Stardraw. Please please can we have this functionality.

Dominic Rozendaal

Design & Production Resources Ltd.
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (371K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Dom,

Thanks for your post - we will look into the possibility of adding this sort of functionality.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
domroz
domroz
Supreme Being (5K reputation)Supreme Being (5K reputation)Supreme Being (5K reputation)Supreme Being (5K reputation)Supreme Being (5K reputation)Supreme Being (5K reputation)Supreme Being (5K reputation)Supreme Being (5K reputation)Supreme Being (5K reputation)
Thanks Rob,

I believe this would really enhance usability

Best, Dom

Dominic Rozendaal

Design & Production Resources Ltd.
Miroslav Paciga
Miroslav Paciga
Supreme Being (191 reputation)Supreme Being (191 reputation)Supreme Being (191 reputation)Supreme Being (191 reputation)Supreme Being (191 reputation)Supreme Being (191 reputation)Supreme Being (191 reputation)Supreme Being (191 reputation)Supreme Being (191 reputation)
Can´t print from SD 7.2.  
Printer Icon and "Print" in File menu is gray and not active.
Other item in File menu are black and active

Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (371K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Miroslav,

Make sure your dongle is plugged in and the light is on.

You have recently had a dongle replaced as your original was reported lost, stolen or damaged.  Ensure you are using the latest dongle that was issued to you.

What dongle number is shown when you select Help | About?

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...