Title Block Date Format

Author
Fellmeth
Supreme Being (8.5K reputation)Supreme Being (8.5K reputation)Supreme Being (8.5K reputation)Supreme Being (8.5K reputation)Supreme Being (8.5K reputation)Supreme Being (8.5K reputation)Supreme Being (8.5K reputation)Supreme Being (8.5K reputation)Supreme Being (8.5K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi guys,

I would like to be able to change the the Date Format in my Drawings.

Presently the only available date format is Month/Day/Year
In Germany the Standard is Day/Month/Year.

I've been asked by designers to change this because it does get very confusion when you have many project that go on for years at a time, change often and go through long periods of stagnancy.

At the moment I must delete the auto-date field and enter the date by Hand every time. I could also suggest the abbreviated date form (ex:Feb. 23rd 2012) If you could offer multiple languages (at least English, French, German).

-Eris

-Eris Fellmeth

Fellmeth@controLED.de
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (374K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Eris,

Thanks for your post. You've probably realized that the date format is taken from your Windows Regional Settings, so to expose the ability to define new formats on field-by-field basis would require a lot of UI and architectural changes. We will look into it, but I cannot promise user-defined field formatting anytime soon - I hope you understand.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
Edited 12 Years Ago by Rob Robinson
David Snipp
David Snipp
Architect (431K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Eris,

Can you clarify what Date is not formatted correctly in your drawings?

Is this in the TitleBlock? If so, then I can confirm that there was a fix in the last update so that it correctly picked up the format of this Date from your Regional Settings in the Control Panel.

If there is another Date field that is not picking up the correct formatting, then please let us know and we should be able to fix it.

However, if you need to have a different Date format other than the settings of your machine, then Rob is correct - this is outside the scope of the current design of Stardraw Design 7.

David Snipp
Stardraw.com Ltd
Fellmeth
Fellmeth
Supreme Being (8.5K reputation)Supreme Being (8.5K reputation)Supreme Being (8.5K reputation)Supreme Being (8.5K reputation)Supreme Being (8.5K reputation)Supreme Being (8.5K reputation)Supreme Being (8.5K reputation)Supreme Being (8.5K reputation)Supreme Being (8.5K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi Rob,

I know that there has been much time that has past since your last post and my reply. Here's what happened regarding the time and date format.

As you well know our company is situated in Germany. So we have different time, date and currency standards. Indeed the info for Time and Date are dependent on the Windows Regional setting; learning that Stardraw also relies on these settings I appended my existing setting to account for German Time and Date Standards... In short, it was a disaster! I'm not entirely sure where the error lay. Once I changed the regional setting within Windows(XP), some of my existing drawings containing the old time and date format would crash, also if I tried to insert a new title block into existing drawings after deleting the old title block the system would also crash and prompt me with errors.
I attempted to revert back to my original settings withing the Windows(XP) regional settings, but even still errors would continually occur.

The only way around these issues I found; was to open a desired project, delete the current title block, copy & past the entire drawing (without the title block of course) to a new Design7 Project, save, close, re-open, then upon reopening the new project I would be able to insert a new tile block containing the old Info.

So yeah, twas quite an odd ordeal!
Now I have a new CPU Partitioned to run XP and Win7. I'm running Design7 now with Windows7 and from the get go I set up my Computer with a hybrid of English and German settings; the Time and Date setting are indeed set to German Standards and Design7 is both running smooth and recognizing the German Regional settings.

Thanks,

-Eris Fellmeth

Fellmeth@controLED.de
Tags
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...