Dimension Tool Label

Author
Fellmeth
Supreme Being (8.4K reputation)Supreme Being (8.4K reputation)Supreme Being (8.4K reputation)Supreme Being (8.4K reputation)Supreme Being (8.4K reputation)Supreme Being (8.4K reputation)Supreme Being (8.4K reputation)Supreme Being (8.4K reputation)Supreme Being (8.4K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

I've been using the dimension tool allot in my latest drawings. There doesn't seem to be a way to move the label; only change their font-size and type.

For the most part I have no issues. Just once in a while the label get in the way of other items. The ability to move the labels by hand would be great.

Could this be easily implemented?

-Eris Fellmeth

Fellmeth@controLED.de
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (372K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Eris,

You can do this today - you'll see a red handle in the middle of the dimension, close to the label. using the Selection cursor you can pick up this handle and it moves the label.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
Fellmeth
Fellmeth
Supreme Being (8.4K reputation)Supreme Being (8.4K reputation)Supreme Being (8.4K reputation)Supreme Being (8.4K reputation)Supreme Being (8.4K reputation)Supreme Being (8.4K reputation)Supreme Being (8.4K reputation)Supreme Being (8.4K reputation)Supreme Being (8.4K reputation)
Huh, well I feel dumb!
I kept trying to grab the label itself waiting for the typical two red dots to appear in order to move the label.

Thanks, it all works well.

-Eris Fellmeth

Fellmeth@controLED.de
Robert Nilsson
Robert Nilsson
Supreme Being (12K reputation)Supreme Being (12K reputation)Supreme Being (12K reputation)Supreme Being (12K reputation)Supreme Being (12K reputation)Supreme Being (12K reputation)Supreme Being (12K reputation)Supreme Being (12K reputation)Supreme Being (12K reputation)
Hi!

I think it would be nice if you also could rotate the dimension label.
I've missed it and also got request from my customer that they sometime wanted the
label to be rotated

I also noticed that the zooming function by mouse wheel doesn't work if you activated the Rotate function
I might be this way ( nothing wrong) but i miss that function. Sometimes if you need to move the rotating point to a certain point it can be difficult to place it right if you can't zoom in.

Best regards

Robert Nilsson

DAT AB

Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (372K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Thanks for your post Robert - we will look into these items.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...