New Symbol Fonts

Author
Genaudio
Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Thanks for welcoming me on this blog, I am VERY NEW to Stardraw Design.1. I am trying to create some new symbols, actually editing library symbols using "create user defined product from product and it is very easy but I have a font size problem. Symbol will look good on screen but the symbol designer enlarges the fonts for no reason. See PDF1

2. Looks like its some sort of scaling error as 2 similar symbols showing the same size font, actually can be 0.16 and 0.78mm in the "edit symbols" menu.

The attached pdf's file is self explanatory.

Am I missing some settings??

thanks for your help
Attachments
PDF2.pdf (442 views, 429.00 KB)
PDF1.pdf (485 views, 392.00 KB)
Edited 12 Years Ago by Genaudio
Fellmeth
Fellmeth
Supreme Being (8.5K reputation)Supreme Being (8.5K reputation)Supreme Being (8.5K reputation)Supreme Being (8.5K reputation)Supreme Being (8.5K reputation)Supreme Being (8.5K reputation)Supreme Being (8.5K reputation)Supreme Being (8.5K reputation)Supreme Being (8.5K reputation)
You're very correct with your approach.
I've built, appended and edited many symbols; but not within the last week or so. I attempted to edit a symbol today and I am also having the exact same problem.

As soon as I right click on any block symbol and select "Edit Symbol", the editor opens up and all the fonts are automatically displayed over-sized.

-Eris Fellmeth

Fellmeth@controLED.de
David Snipp
David Snipp
Architect (431K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Apologies for this - we are working on a new feature and half of it snuck out in the last update.

We've now published an update that doesn't change the text height when editing symbols.

David Snipp
Stardraw.com Ltd
Genaudio
Genaudio
Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)
Very frustrating indeed..... I thought I am doing it all wrong, but the software is very straightforward as long as it works!

having also problems with not just symbols, but editing products for pictorial schematics, rack layouts etc etc.

I am still trying to convince myself that this Stardraw Design is money well spent! I'll have to revert to my faithful ACAD for the day....... complicated but at least it does what I say!
David Snipp
David Snipp
Architect (431K reputation)
Group: Administrators
What other problems are you having with Stardraw Design 7?

The bug that you caught was accidentally introduced only in the last 24 hours and as soon as it was spotted (about 2 hours ago) we started working on a fix and have now published that fix.

It was unfortunate that you caught it and I apologise for that but mistakes do happen (we are only human).

If you do find any other problems with the software then do please let us know as we are here to help.

David Snipp
Stardraw.com Ltd
Genaudio
Genaudio
Just updated and font problem is gone. I happened to be unlucky enough to find this bug on opening my brand new Stardraw :-)

THANKS!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...