Automatic population of product attributes

Author
lancem
Supreme Being (688 reputation)Supreme Being (688 reputation)Supreme Being (688 reputation)Supreme Being (688 reputation)Supreme Being (688 reputation)Supreme Being (688 reputation)Supreme Being (688 reputation)Supreme Being (688 reputation)Supreme Being (688 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

Could someone tell me how to save attribute values to a product (eg Design time) so every time I pick the product in the product grid view the information is populated?

Thanks

Lance
David Snipp
David Snipp
Architect (431K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Have a look at the video on Personalization on: http://www.stardraw.com/products/stardrawdesign7/movies.asp

In particular, look at the Data Source in the Product Attributes tab where you use Excel to add all your custom data to any product so that it is automatically added to the project when you add that product.

David Snipp
Stardraw.com Ltd
lancem
lancem
Supreme Being (688 reputation)Supreme Being (688 reputation)Supreme Being (688 reputation)Supreme Being (688 reputation)Supreme Being (688 reputation)Supreme Being (688 reputation)Supreme Being (688 reputation)Supreme Being (688 reputation)Supreme Being (688 reputation)
Thanks David,

Found the issue, mine dosen't do anything like what the video is showing when you open the Excel spread sheet!

I've attached what I get.

I've checked the link to the file, the file attributes (read only etc), deleted and recreated the file in Excel and still get nothing updating.
Attachments
David Snipp
David Snipp
Architect (431K reputation)
Group: Administrators
How was this spreadsheet created? Did you click on Regenerate Data Source?

Your spreadsheet seems to only have one manufacturer called "c x" with one product with a Model Number of "z" and a Description of "zxc".

When you click on Regenerate Data Source, it will create a fully populated spreadsheet with all your manufacturers and products.

David Snipp
Stardraw.com Ltd
lancem
lancem
I did as you and the video described but that sheet is all I'm left with.

Further investigation shows my Windows user profile seems to be corrupted when trying to use Stardraw. I've reinstalled the software and now it wont even start without Windows giving a "This program has stoppped responding error"

I've set up a new user profile and all is fine under that, the spreadsheet is created properly and I can now see the same as what the tutorial explains.

Thanks for the pointer, much appreciated.

Lance
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...