Rack Layout Views

Author
epaul
Supreme Being (3.9K reputation)Supreme Being (3.9K reputation)Supreme Being (3.9K reputation)Supreme Being (3.9K reputation)Supreme Being (3.9K reputation)Supreme Being (3.9K reputation)Supreme Being (3.9K reputation)Supreme Being (3.9K reputation)Supreme Being (3.9K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Rob,

I noticed in the rack layout sample image on the StarDraw Design 7 website it is showing both the front and rear view of the rack. (The link to the image is below). I am aware that you can switch views between front, side and rear but how can I display the front, side and rear views of the same rack all on the same page at the same time? The closest thing I can do is to simply switch between the views which flips the entire sheet (titleblock included). I want to be able to show all three views on one rack layout tab, please let me know if or how that is possible.

http://www.stardraw.com/Images/SD7/Drawing%20-%20Rack%20Layout.png

Thanks again Rob for all your help.

-Eric
pyrotech
pyrotech
Supreme Being (259 reputation)Supreme Being (259 reputation)Supreme Being (259 reputation)Supreme Being (259 reputation)Supreme Being (259 reputation)Supreme Being (259 reputation)Supreme Being (259 reputation)Supreme Being (259 reputation)Supreme Being (259 reputation)
I am also curious about how to do this. Is there anyone out there that can help us out?

Thanks
Tim Van Grove
Tim Van Grove
Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)
There currently isn't a method to accomodate the front and rear views in the same drawing. Is this something that would be a part of your typical design documents?

Thanks,

Tim

Tim Van Grove
w‌ww.stardraw.com
epaul
epaul
Supreme Being (3.9K reputation)Supreme Being (3.9K reputation)Supreme Being (3.9K reputation)Supreme Being (3.9K reputation)Supreme Being (3.9K reputation)Supreme Being (3.9K reputation)Supreme Being (3.9K reputation)Supreme Being (3.9K reputation)Supreme Being (3.9K reputation)
Tim,

Yes, this would be an important portion of the AV Rack Page used in the Project Template I am currently putting together, which is something that will, once complete, be used by the entire division.

If there is a way to have this feature implimented it would add an excellent advantage over the current means of rack layouts using Visio.

-Eric
zuk123
zuk123
Supreme Being (10K reputation)Supreme Being (10K reputation)Supreme Being (10K reputation)Supreme Being (10K reputation)Supreme Being (10K reputation)Supreme Being (10K reputation)Supreme Being (10K reputation)Supreme Being (10K reputation)Supreme Being (10K reputation)
Yeah, this is very common.

Especially if you only have one rack on the project. It makes the best sense to have both views on the same page.

zuk
msones
msones
Supreme Being (2.5K reputation)Supreme Being (2.5K reputation)Supreme Being (2.5K reputation)Supreme Being (2.5K reputation)Supreme Being (2.5K reputation)Supreme Being (2.5K reputation)Supreme Being (2.5K reputation)Supreme Being (2.5K reputation)Supreme Being (2.5K reputation)
You used to be able to do it in the old stardraw. You had to view the rear side then unlock you selection, then copy the rear view then go back to the front view and paste. I have tried this and it is not working in the new version. I as well would need a rear view layout view on the same drawing.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...