Group: Administrators
Hi Linda,

See the topic "Keyboard Accelerators & Mouse Modifiers"

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
galaxyguide
galaxyguide
Supreme Being (31K reputation)Supreme Being (31K reputation)Supreme Being (31K reputation)Supreme Being (31K reputation)Supreme Being (31K reputation)Supreme Being (31K reputation)Supreme Being (31K reputation)Supreme Being (31K reputation)Supreme Being (31K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
How about at least a list a keyboard accelerators? With AV2007 I can use "SX" for the ortho lock, now I have to bump into the new keyboard command before I find it....flying blind is no fun.
David Snipp
David Snipp
Architect (431K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Linda,

We understand what you are saying and we have tried to make the software as easy to use as possible.

The Orthogonal Lock is directly there on the Drawing Toolbar and is available from the Drawing Menu and is also available as a keyboard accelerator - F7.

Quite often we find that people struggle with "How Do I Achieve a Task" rather than where do I find a particular function. Task based help is best done through a short Video Tutorial rather than taking screen grabs and writing pages of text in a language which may not be ones first.

For a searchable help solution, you can also search this forum for keywords to find questions and answers on any topic you wish.

David Snipp
Stardraw.com Ltd
galaxyguide
galaxyguide
Supreme Being (31K reputation)Supreme Being (31K reputation)Supreme Being (31K reputation)Supreme Being (31K reputation)Supreme Being (31K reputation)Supreme Being (31K reputation)Supreme Being (31K reputation)Supreme Being (31K reputation)Supreme Being (31K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I really need a searchable help section. This is a new program. Flying blind is frustrating. It is nice that I can come over here and type a question and then wait for maybe getting a reply. Where as right now, I just need to know how to turn on and off ortho, not type an email, or watch a video that may or may not address my question. I really don't understand how thousands of your users are going to make the switch to the new platform without a help section. We constantly have the wolf at our door to produce work, not trouble shoot software, and wait around for answers.

I really like the new platform. I want to make it work for my company, but if it bleeds too much of my time just getting up to speed, there is no way I am going to be able to sell it to the less cad savy set of designers that work here.

Please here my plea.

Respectfully,

Linda
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...