Again report problem

Author
Uros Cvijan
Supreme Being (5K reputation)Supreme Being (5K reputation)Supreme Being (5K reputation)Supreme Being (5K reputation)Supreme Being (5K reputation)Supreme Being (5K reputation)Supreme Being (5K reputation)Supreme Being (5K reputation)Supreme Being (5K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi Rob, I know that maybe i am boring with this problem, but it just wont work, even though i did(or at least i think i did everything like it said in FAQ), but for for my needs and needs of my company we must have our own reports that are different from the ones that you made.

To make it easy to understand i only put 2 symbols in project, and connect them with only one cable. I fill in all the attributes but FROM and TO fields in report(those are reports you made,i didnt do any changes to them) are not populated. Also if I make my own report based on one of yours, i got nothing filled in report. For example, i made Length field, CS_Length, fill in the attribute in stardraw and nothing happens in excel report. You can see that in picture Problem 2. Also in that picture you can see Start connector and End connector. Those are the fields you made and attached it to the forum when i asked him something about connectors. That part works fine, but when i make some new field, or whole new report that suits my needs, i got nothing written down in excel report.

I attached files where you can see my problem.

In Problem picture you can see that there is nothing filled in the From and To fields, and on Problem 2, you can see that length field is also empty, and that info is in cable attribute. Also you can see in left corner that for that field is Detail_Cs_Length like it says in FAQ.

Attachments
Problem.jpg (491 views, 351.00 KB)
Problem 2.JPG (538 views, 363.00 KB)
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (371K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Uros,

See http://www.stardraw.com/products/stardrawav/FAQ.asp?FAQ=RA001

1) I suspect your Length field (column Q) is outside of the range "Detail_Data".  Only named ranges within the Detail_Data range are populated.

2) Can you confirm you have set the name "Detail_CS_Length" to cell Q3?

3) The columns titled "From" and "To" have, in the data cell (row 3), the named ranges Detail__CS_From_Product_ID and Detail__CS_To_Product_ID.  This means the fields are populated by the Product ID attributes of the symbols that the cable connects.  Ensure that you have set a value for these attributes in the drawing: if there's no attribute value in the symbol, there's nothing to put into the report. 

Note: in the named range, the prefix "Detail__CS_From_" means the value will be taken from the symbol connected to the start point of the cable and the prefix "Detail__CS_To_" indicates the symbol connected to the cable's endpoint.  The suffix is the name of the attribute stored in the symbol (with " " replaced with "_").

I hope this is helpful.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com

Uros Cvijan
Uros Cvijan
Supreme Being (5K reputation)Supreme Being (5K reputation)Supreme Being (5K reputation)Supreme Being (5K reputation)Supreme Being (5K reputation)Supreme Being (5K reputation)Supreme Being (5K reputation)Supreme Being (5K reputation)Supreme Being (5K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Thank You Rob, finally i made this work. I didn't see that from product id, i have to make change to product attributes, i thought if i want reports on cable,all i have to change is cable attributes.. Length field is now filled, it wasn't in detail data.

Best regards.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...