Question about updating products that are in your product list

Author
Uros Cvijan
Supreme Being (5K reputation)Supreme Being (5K reputation)Supreme Being (5K reputation)Supreme Being (5K reputation)Supreme Being (5K reputation)Supreme Being (5K reputation)Supreme Being (5K reputation)Supreme Being (5K reputation)Supreme Being (5K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I know you said that based on request of users you put new products in. But what about products that are already in product list. I came across a lot of products that only have block schematic drawing. In some cases there isnt even a default drawing for rack layout, and in other cases,only red square, default, for front and rear view, not even side view. Those products are not new so i think you had enough time to get around and do those drawings. For program that is based on drag and click, there is a lot of things that are not like that. You are proud of the fact that you can create a rack in 3 min, but yesterday i finish a drawing with just 7 devices that goes in rack, and out of those 7, one had everything in rack layout drawing, all view, one product didnt even have a default block, and all the others have just front,and back default block,not side. I know there is a lot of products, and a lot to be done and drawn, but i am wondering are you even updating existing base, or all your focus is at SD 7 now...
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (371K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Uros,

There will only be a Rack Layout symbol of a product if that product is rack-mountable.  This may explain why you have found some products that do not have rack mount symbols.  Having said that, we are only human so mistakes, although rare, can happen.  Which products specifically do you think are missing symbols for the rack layout environment?

Regarding symbols for which detail is missing, please see the post at http://www.stardraw.com/forums/FindPost7417.aspx.  To this I would only add that we do not choose to leave symbols without detail - it is a situation that is forced upon us by the lack of appropriate data from the manufacturers.  You know the manufacturers and, as a customer, have leverage: please tell them!!

Regarding your final comment, the exact same base symbol data is used in Stardraw AV 2007 and Stardraw Design 7.  The generation of symbols is a seperate and parallel task from development: our software engineers are always busy developing new tools and applications and our symbols team is always busy delivering symbols (in July alone, new symbols for 117 products (323 symbols) were published).

So in summary, if a symbol is missing, tell US (preferably through the Request Symbol page) and if symbol detail is missing tell THE MANUFACTURER (and cc us).  Thanks.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...