Connector problem

Author
Uros Cvijan
Supreme Being (5K reputation)Supreme Being (5K reputation)Supreme Being (5K reputation)Supreme Being (5K reputation)Supreme Being (5K reputation)Supreme Being (5K reputation)Supreme Being (5K reputation)Supreme Being (5K reputation)Supreme Being (5K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I asked this on webinar, but i cant seem to reproduce what you explained to me. Lets look at that in simple way. I put 2 products in block schematic. Connect them using dogleg. I go into dogleg properties, and i enter all the data i need. Start label,end label, name of cable, description,also Start connector, and End connector. But when i do cable and connection report, i cant find anywhere those information about connectors. I can put snapshots if that will make things clearer. And is there a way for stardraw to tell me how many of which connectors do i need, based on the reports of connections. I asked similar question in stardraw 7 forum, but for now, i am learning this program.

Best Regards
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (371K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Uros,

I think the issue is that while we have default report templates that include connections (i.e. information about the products that cables connect), there are no default templates that include connectors.

You could modify a report to add any attribute fields you want - see http://www.stardraw.com/products/stardrawav/FAQ.asp?FAQ=RA001 - but to short-circuit the process I attach a modified report template that includes the CS_Start_Connector and CS_End_Connector fields.  Unzip it into your Templates and Reports folder - to check the location, select Options | Library Directories.

You will need to restart Stardraw AV for the new report to appear in the Tools | Reports sub-folder.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com

Attachments
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...