beta version and subscriptions

Author
galaxyguide
Supreme Being (30K reputation)Supreme Being (30K reputation)Supreme Being (30K reputation)Supreme Being (30K reputation)Supreme Being (30K reputation)Supreme Being (30K reputation)Supreme Being (30K reputation)Supreme Being (30K reputation)Supreme Being (30K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Rob,

Due to some budget tightening in a difficult year,  we have had to make due without the benefit of subscriptions.  We last renewed in May 2008, I believe.  Now that we have changed computers and/or upgraded to Windows 7.  None of us can access the libraries anymore. Copied these files and redirected libraries: C:\Program Files\Stardraw.com Ltd\Stardraw AV 2007\ Stardraw Offline.mdb.  To no avail.

If we resubscribe, and this next version comes out and is stellar (we are all looking forward to it), is there some break for subscribers who upgrade?

I am looking forward to the next version, including moving our company into a more efficient use of SD. However, I admit, I don't feel so warm and fuzzy about subscriptions for same old thing.

Thank you

Linda

Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (371K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Linda,

To clarify what the Stardraw AV Annual Subscription is and what you can expect when you hold a current subscription: it is a support and maintenance service package for the product you're licensed for which grants the following

1. Access to online services including Online Libraries and the ability to download current data to build your Offline Libraries.
  2. Access to added-value services such as Symbols Requests whereby you can determine which products are to be prioritized for inclusion in the libraries.
  3. Unlimited free technical support.  By support we mean that whatever your problem may be, we will fix it.  This includes free replacement of lost, damaged or stolen dongles as well as, of course, resolution of any technical issues you may experience, without a limit on the number of support instances throughout the subscription period.

The annual subscription does not relate to major version or new product releases.  However, we always take care of existing users when it comes to the release of new versions and the upgrade path is designed to benefit registered users even if they do not hold a current subscription. 

Pricing for new products is published when a launch date is set.  Currently we are undertaking a public Beta phase for Stardraw Design 7 - if you have not yet registered to participate I invite you to do so at http://www.stardraw.com/Products/StardrawDesign7 - and we will get a sense of the launch date once the feedback from the Beta program is received, analyzed and folded into the development schedule.

With regard to the libraries issue you have described, even without a current subscription there are many support resources available through our website and the information at http://www.stardraw.com/products/stardrawav/installer.asp may help you to resolve the issue.

I hope, however, that you will appreciate the value of renewing your subscription so that all your users can get the latest data and ongoing services and, if you need further support, we can then help to identify and resolve your specific issue.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com

galaxyguide
galaxyguide
Supreme Being (30K reputation)Supreme Being (30K reputation)Supreme Being (30K reputation)Supreme Being (30K reputation)Supreme Being (30K reputation)Supreme Being (30K reputation)Supreme Being (30K reputation)Supreme Being (30K reputation)Supreme Being (30K reputation)
Thanks Rob,

Got my libraries back.

Now a few days later after loading on to windows 7,  32 bit and running perfectly well for those few days, Stardraw crashes repeatedly, to the point of stopping work.

Hmm?

Also I signed up for the beta version, is that available now for testing or are we still waiting for release?

Thanks much,

Linda

galaxyguide
galaxyguide
...so it appears to be one drawing in particular that is crashing programs.  Wonder why?  Nothing peculiar about its creation.
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (371K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Linda,

There are no known crashing bugs in Stardraw AV 2007 and since the issue occurs only when working on one particular drawing it is safe to say that something in that drawing is causing the problem.  It is possible that the drawing's internal structure has become corrupted/invalid and this has been observed, albeit very, very rarely, when Unlock has been active while performing general drawing and editing actions. 

Unfortunately, once the structure is corrupted there's nothing to be done to repair it.  What you can try doing is to delete sections of a copy of the drawing using a process of elimination until you find the offending object(s).  Once isolated, delete the object(s) from the original and all should be well.

As a general procedure, we recommend avoiding injudicious use of Unlock, always remember to turn it off when you're finished doing whatever it was that you needed Unlock for, and when editing symbols, follow the recommended procedure which is:

1. Drag the base symbol into your document.
  2. Drag the symbol from the document into the Library List under My Libraries.  Note: you can create your own folder structure under My Libraries by rightclicking and selecting New Folder.
  3. Name the new user symbol.
  4. Doubleclick on the new symbol to edit it.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...