Not all labels from attributes appear on drawing

Author
keithgiles
Supreme Being (2.3K reputation)Supreme Being (2.3K reputation)Supreme Being (2.3K reputation)Supreme Being (2.3K reputation)Supreme Being (2.3K reputation)Supreme Being (2.3K reputation)Supreme Being (2.3K reputation)Supreme Being (2.3K reputation)Supreme Being (2.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I'm using the attributes tool to apply cable numbers in the CS_End_Label attribute.  As I apply the attribute by clicking on the cable in the drawing, the attribute increments as expected, but some of the labels appear in unexpected places or not at all.  I've made an AVI of what I'm doing and can email it or upload it somewhere if you would like to see what's happening.

Thanks

Edited 13 Years Ago by keithgiles
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (372K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Keith,

I suspect you may have used the Position/Scale cursor to modify the cable and/or dogleg objects.  This has the effect of scaling the cable and all of its components, including the cable label text, and this would explain why text could be in different locations (the offset is scaled) or sizes (the text object is scaled).  Worse, if you have made a significant change to the Y dimensions of a cable, the text would also be scaled significantly in the Y axis, which could make it disappear altogether.

When editing cable and dogleg objects, always use the Edit Node cursor - this simply changes the position of nodes in the object relative to each other, without scaling the whole object.

If you select a cable that displays the problem and select Edit | Clear Transformations, this will return the cable/dogleg to its un-scaled state and the label text will appear as intended.  You can then modify the routing of the cable/dogleg using the Edit Node cursor.

I hope this helps to explain what has happened and provides an efficient resolution.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com

keithgiles
keithgiles
Supreme Being (2.3K reputation)Supreme Being (2.3K reputation)Supreme Being (2.3K reputation)Supreme Being (2.3K reputation)Supreme Being (2.3K reputation)Supreme Being (2.3K reputation)Supreme Being (2.3K reputation)Supreme Being (2.3K reputation)Supreme Being (2.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
As it turns out the cable wasn't scaled, but the item it was attached to was.  Since this drawing was made, I've learned better ways to accomplish creating a new symbol from an old one, so hopefully I'll have better luck with future drawings.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...