New to Straw Draw

Author
Bo Rios
Supreme Being (2.2K reputation)Supreme Being (2.2K reputation)Supreme Being (2.2K reputation)Supreme Being (2.2K reputation)Supreme Being (2.2K reputation)Supreme Being (2.2K reputation)Supreme Being (2.2K reputation)Supreme Being (2.2K reputation)Supreme Being (2.2K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I just got star draw, and Im trying to import objects. the problem Im having is that I select a rack. That imports just fine, but when I import my amps or drawers they are scaled super small. how do I get them to fit in the single space rack without having to manually scale it back up?
David Snipp
David Snipp
Architect (431K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Bo,

Firstly, we've moved your forum post from Stardraw Control Features Request to this one.

In answer to your question, when you import a DWG file, Stardraw will prompt you for which scale you would like to use. This depends on the scale that your DWG file was saved in.

The reason why you have to do this is that Stardraw's co-ordinate system is based on real-world values, like 1 inch or 1 foot or 1 metre. AutoCAD only knows that a co-ordinate is 1. It doesn't know what Units you are using. Therefore, you need to tell Stardraw what scale to use. The default is 1 = 1 inch. You should change this to the correct value. If you don't know the right value, then a little bit of trial and error should get you the right value. Try 1 = 1 foot or 1 = 1 cm until the loaded drawing looks the right size when you add a Stardraw Symbol.

Note that only Rack Layout and Panel Layout environments in Stardraw are actually to scale. Pictorial Schematic and Block Schematic are exactly that - they are schematics, which means that a Block Schematic symbol of a Speaker will be exactly the same size as a Block Schematic symbol of a Microphone. However, as you are using Racks, you shouldn't see this issue.

David Snipp
Stardraw.com Ltd

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...