Rear view, high detail view not appearing

Author
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (374K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Keith,

Yes, Distribute is useful for evenly distributing connectors on panel layouts.  It's a very simple function that allows you to even up spacing in a single row (Horizontally) or column (Vertically), and is described here: http://www.stardraw.com/products/stardrawav/NewFeature.asp?date=0206

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com

keithgiles
keithgiles
Supreme Being (2.3K reputation)Supreme Being (2.3K reputation)Supreme Being (2.3K reputation)Supreme Being (2.3K reputation)Supreme Being (2.3K reputation)Supreme Being (2.3K reputation)Supreme Being (2.3K reputation)Supreme Being (2.3K reputation)Supreme Being (2.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
It appears that the Switchcraft XLRs or at least the 3 pin variety of panel mount jacks don't have the pin details in the rear view.  I switched to generic and the rear view came out fine.

Also, a under Panel Layout: Arrange, there is a Distribute command.  Is there help for that command?  Searching Help under Distribute returns no items. I suspect this might be a helpful tool in distributing jacks on a panel.

Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (374K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Keith,

You should see the rear view by clicking the Rear View button (next to the Front View button) in the Tools toolbar.

Can you confirm that you started the drawing based on the Panel Layout template?  It is the template that determines which views are available and, in Panel Layouts, it is normal behavior for High Detail to be disabled (it is the default view and there is no 'Low Detail' view in this environment). The template and current layer are shown in the middle of the Status Bar at the bottom of the screen e.g. "Panel Layout : Parts"

If you continue to experience problems, please attach a .zip of the .S01 drawing to a post to this forum and we will be ahppy to check it out. 

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com

keithgiles
keithgiles
Supreme Being (2.3K reputation)Supreme Being (2.3K reputation)Supreme Being (2.3K reputation)Supreme Being (2.3K reputation)Supreme Being (2.3K reputation)Supreme Being (2.3K reputation)Supreme Being (2.3K reputation)Supreme Being (2.3K reputation)Supreme Being (2.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I am trying to create a new custom panel.  After choosing an acceptable generic panel and dropping panel connectors onto the panel I am able to see the normal front view and the metalwork view but not see the connectors from the back.  The High Detail "button" is greyed out under View as well.  What am I missing?

Thanks

Keith

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...