Panel drawings - metal work

Author
HPF
Supreme Being (5.9K reputation)Supreme Being (5.9K reputation)Supreme Being (5.9K reputation)Supreme Being (5.9K reputation)Supreme Being (5.9K reputation)Supreme Being (5.9K reputation)Supreme Being (5.9K reputation)Supreme Being (5.9K reputation)Supreme Being (5.9K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello Kevin

thanks for the reply. Yes, the NC3FDML-3 BAG1 is fine. So far it was only the NBB75FDI I had found this; havent used many others yet but will let you know if I find more.

Thanks & Best Regards

Hanspeter Frick

Kevin Harrison
Kevin Harrison
Symbols Manager (15K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi Hanspeter,

Thank you for your post.

We’ve identified the arcs contained on the punching layer of the NBB75DFI symbol.  We also checked with Neutrik who have provided us with the latest CAD drawing for the NBB75DFI connector.  We have actually replaced the old symbol with an all new one based upon the latest information.  I can also confirm that the circles on the punching layer are in fact circles in the new symbol.

The new symbol is available in the online libraries immediately although I recommend you synchronize your offline libraries to download these and all other recent symbol updates.

Can you confirm that this issue was isolated to the NBB75DFI symbol and that you were happy with symbol for the NC3FDML-3 BAG1 as this wasn’t clear from your post?

Some of these Neutrik symbols have been in the field for over a decade and I have to be honest that this is the first time I’ve heard of any problems such as this.  Having said that we have checked a selection of the most commonly used Neutrik connectors and I’m confident that the issue you’ve raised is isolated to this one symbol.

Please do let us know if you come across any other problems.

Thank you once again for bringing this to our attention.

Regards
Kevin Harrison

HPF
HPF
Supreme Being (5.9K reputation)Supreme Being (5.9K reputation)Supreme Being (5.9K reputation)Supreme Being (5.9K reputation)Supreme Being (5.9K reputation)Supreme Being (5.9K reputation)Supreme Being (5.9K reputation)Supreme Being (5.9K reputation)Supreme Being (5.9K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello Rob

I have found a serious flaw with the the way some connectors are made fo the metal work layer (Punching).

The NEUTRIK NC3FDML-3 BAG1 (Vertical) has a circle used for the 3 holes.

The NEUTRIK NBB75FDI (Vertical) has 2 arcs used for each of the 3 holes.

These are just the 2 connectors I have used recently, and I can not say how many more are like this. The 2 panel connectors are very common, and I am using them a lot. But I am sure there are more which are drawn the same strange way.

This makes it impossible to use the drawings for importing into a cutting program, such as used for laser cutters to manufacture the panels, as the programs do not handle arcs but want to see circles. This is the most common application for this, saving a panel drawing as a dxf and then importing it directly into a sheet cutting machine. Otherwise whast the point of this - just to create pretty pictures?

So all drawings need to be checked on the punching layer and convert circles drawn as 2 arcs into a propper circel (single entity) - what a nightmare this is............

Can you please ensure that the symbols are drawn correctly, thanks 

Thanks & Best Regards

Hanspeter Frick

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...